Nissan NV 4x4?

Jon Nelson

Observer
Shocker - the one you saw is going to Alaska - yes, Advanced did the conversion and has done quite a few for the two Nissan dealers in Alaska - we're having a 3500 NV 4x4 converted by Advanced this week! - more info to come - we know the Outside Van folks as we currently have an Outside Van Sprinter RV - I'm going to see if they will join up this thread and post some pictures of what you saw, their first NV conversion

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Cool! I gave them the info about the Portal so I am hoping they join up and comment. They do nice work down there!

turborobo

Observer
Nv 4x4 outsidevan

Hey I'm a terrible lurker but thought I would post up

The Nissan nv 3500 4x4 at outsidevan belongs to me. The 4x4 conversion was performed at advanced in salt lake, it has a basic 3in lift "lift blocks" up front and extra leaf springs and rancho shocks out back. Sits on 33in toyos all the way around. The bumpers were done by aluminess I believe there are some picks on their Facebook page of the van before I took it to outsidevan.

The interior of the van is being done at outsidevan. After years of research on these forums and on the interweb, I contacted outsidevan to perform the van conversion. I can not say enough good things about the company, everything from the quality of the materials used, skill of the craftsman and true professionalism of their staff. I think they have a very modern take on the entire concept of a van conversions. It has been a true joy to work with the entire crew there!

PDX Tuning in Portland, famous for tuning High HP Subarus and off-road fabrication build a trick custom vband exhaust, (Stillen headers going on soon! :) ) and 2 large custom fabbed fuel tanks for long range trips in ak

The idea behind the van build was to create a comfortable shelter that the wife and I could use to explore our home state of Alaska, we are both very active lifestyle people avid mtn bikers, back packers, back country skiers, snowmobilers. We wanted a comfortable space that we could use to carry all of our gear and be a home away from home on our adventures together.

I have some pics I will try to post up, hopefully outside van will chime in too

Last edited:

turborobo

Observer
Thanks for the support!

Not gonna lie its been a challenge finding any sort of upgraded suspension parts, Wish more of the titan stuff worked on the van. Would love to run coilovers up front.....

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Really? I would have thought they would be the same. What are the differences? Did you ever check into solid axle swap? Has that been done on those before?

dentedvw

Wire twister
I also have an NV. I was inspired by the NV's I saw at advanced 4x4.
The NV front shocks have larger diameter post on top, and are longer stock than Titan. I was able to use Titan blocks up front though to get a few inches. It's not enough, in my opinion, as these are so close to the ground stock.
Nobody has done a SAS on one yet, as far as I have been able to find. Being as computerized as these are, it's a tough trick to find any axle swaps/upgrades at all. I have occasional traction problems, but living with it for now. I doubt we will ever see a locker available, sadly, unless they use this axle in the next Titan. With enough $$, it may be possible to have a dynatrac built axle, they made one for the Titan, shouldn't be too difficult to have them make different shafts for the NV to match bolt pattern. But, money is better spent elsewhere in our case. 4x4 conversion would be good. Only locker option is that route, and an ARB up front, which goes against convention.

Jon Nelson

Observer
The NV does NOT have Titan axles. That is unless the Titan uses axles made by American Axle. (I am not a Titan owner, but I am an Advanced 4WD NV conversion owner.)

I think we will see a lot of changes on the NV with the '16 model. I think that will be the timeframe of the Cummins engine and a longer body version to match MB & Ford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94