Nissan NV 4x4?

lndhark

Adventurer
I'd love to get more information on these conversions. I contacted Advanced 4x4 yesterday and they replied right away. According to them, they have done over 90 NV conversions...where are they? Sounds like Advanced uses a lot of good running gear but the details are nowhere to be found.

Jon Nelson

Observer
Indhark - Advanced did our NV conversion as well. Haven't picked it up yet so my thoughts on off road capability are TBD. I will say that working through all of the the details to get to this point were A++!

CentralLine

Advanced four wheel drive

I am considering getting a NV 3500 4x4 conversion soon. I am much closer to Advanced Four Wheel in SLC than Quigley, but have read some bad reviews primarily with the customer service that people have had with Advanced Four Wheel.

Can anyone give me some feedback on Advanced?

Also, is your 4 low working like they claim that it is? Quigley is only 4 high, because of computer bugs on Nissan when the truck is in 4 low. They are trying to fix it, but have not succeeded yet. Advanced says that they have have fixed the problem. What is your experience?

Quigley's website, and good customer service up to this point give me confidence in their company, however shipping alone will cost me $2500 more for the build, and they don't yet have a 4 low option.

so any feedback will be appreciated.

Also how is the highway ride on your conversion? Any "death wobble?"

Thanks.

Jon Nelson

Observer
No death wobble for us.

Quigley wasn't an option for me because I was advised by friends that lack of 4Low was worthless in the So Ca area where I might 4x travel most. My friends said with just 4Hi the Nisssn was a "why bother". After a six day off highway first 4x trip last month in the Eastern Sierras I agree. Without 4Low my participation would have been short lived.

As far as error codes or limp mode there is no "Advanced fix". I have an Advanced NV conversion. The "fix" would be a complete change in the Nissan speed sensors and a computer reprogram. That hasn't and likely isn't going to happen. Contact Quigley or UJoint to see how they had to solve the issue on other brands.

I can cause error codes and limp mode all day long in 4Low. I am also now able to work around them. After my first six day trip - 100% in 4x4, I "think" I have figured out when and how the errors happen and will plan my driving around those situations. I wanted a high top van with 4Low. I am satisfied and consider my work arounds ok for me to live with. Contact me offline for more info via a phone call.

As far as the Advanced horror stories... I talked with four Nissan dealers who had very positive Advanced experiences before I chose Advanced. I also counted how many (how few in #) all of the vocal complaints were from...... Any manufacture has some very unhappy customers. One of the very vocal unhappy persons never even purchased an Advanced product. He's a poser! Do your own due dilligence and math...

If our van was destroyed or stolen tomorrow I'd order the exact same van setup the day after.

Last edited:

turborobo

Observer
Lazy

Sorry it's taken me so long to up,old pics of the van

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 65