Finding Myself on the Road

I told everyone that I was leaving REI near the end of April, which I did. I also moved out of my apartment in late June, and I have been living at the ranch 100 mi west of Houston. I will be leaving here September 1st to house-sit in Houston for a month before heading out to the Brenham area to help develop a small organic permaculture farm out there during the fall and plant crops next year. Meanwhile, I want to do a couple of things while I'm in Houston: volunteering at the Last Organic Outpost, an organic farm; and work at the Celtic Festival for one weekend at Sherwood Forest Festival. I hope to work at Sherwood again when it starts its 5th season in mid-February, but we'll see where I am by then.

Here is a sample of what I did during the summer. I'm the lady in the gray shirt in the beginning, and then I'm dressed head-to-toe when we're drilling holes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUI-YGE5-BY

The owner of the ranch has her blog here - http://abbygreen.blogspot.com/ - Skip the guinea pigs thing and go to where it says, "What not to do." Below that, you'll see her ranch house that we altered with her help.

Overdrive

Adventurer
A nicely done and entertaining video!

Best wishes for this chapter of your life, Stephanie. Enjoy the journey!

I have lots of news! First, I want to do another proper write-up of my experience within the eastern half of Texas. No, it's not the same as traversing Africa, South America, or eastern Europe/Asia for that matter, but I had a lot of experiences that I otherwise wouldn't have had. First off, to say that I am safe, living the way I want and doing what I want at this time. Secondly, I will see what photos I have, as I'm weeding through 500 of them. I did not take a lot of photos, considering 11 months of this journey of my life.

Last edited:

Wainiha

Explorer
If you had or made some handles that extended out further, the auger would be easier to handle. More leverage on the torque the machine has. Maybe a less taxing chore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94