Conqueror Conquest 2.0

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
I was less than thrilled with the original layout with fridge in the back of my conquest so I decided to move things around, add some storage draws and generally maximize space in the cargo area of the trailer. I had a buddy fab some aluminum draws and am very pleased with how things are shaping up. Dual batteries, water system, and fresh rubber are next.

http://imgur.com/a/TmfaS

Last edited:

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Wow.
Time for a super duper awning.

I think Conqueror makes one to zip onto the flap that covers the screen up there --- then just support it with a pair of poles.

I cut a section of 1/2" emp a little longer than the flap, drilled a hole in each end for telescoping tent poles, and would prop that out for light rain. Worked well enough.

100_3051-1.jpg

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
OK< I am in Asheboro, I would like to see the Conquest if we ever cross paths. Ever since Dendy posted his, I thought they were the perfect size.

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
OK< I am in Asheboro, I would like to see the Conquest if we ever cross paths. Ever since Dendy posted his, I thought they were the perfect size.

Drove right by you last night coming back from Raleigh. I will be at the elk watch in nov and in uwharrie the next month.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Some shots of Dendy, Chris, Kenny, & me camping with our 3 Conquerors.
This is before Dendy sold the Conquest and got his new beast.

bad luck

Observer
I was less than thrilled with the original layout with fridge in the back of my conquest so I decided to move things around, add some storage draws and generally maximize space in the cargo area of the trailer. I had a buddy fab some aluminum draws and am very pleased with how things are shaping up. Dual batteries, water system, and fresh rubber are next.

http://imgur.com/a/TmfaS

That looks good Paul, I'm looking forward to seeing it when you come out here!

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
pulling the foam out was simple. just adhesive. i put two alum shelves in its place to maximize storage.

Thanks Bob. we are looking forward to making it out after our house sells.

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
i am getting the hub pattern changed and want to replace the stock wheels and tires with stock rubicon takeoffs but am unsure about them fitting under the wheel well. anyone done this or know if they will fit?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I'll guess that they would ---- but that's just a guess...
The wheels won't fit over most trailer axles though. They're hub-centric. You'd have to do some good homework to match it up.
The holes on Rubi wheels are too small for most trailer hubs.

Why reinvent the wheel? (ha ha, pun)
I could see going through the effort if you went all the way and matched your AEV wheels and big tires but I don't see the gain in putting Rubi rubber in there.
Just get new tires.

fullofdays

Wondering Wanderer
Good point Bill - I keep wanting to do both. I was at Sams club this afternoon and was scratching my head trying to determine what BFG All Terrain size tire would be the best fit for the stock wheels. I think conqueror stock steel wheels are 15x 9.5?

They also have Deka (branded duracell) 6 volt GC2 golf cart batteries. I'm going to run two in parallel to power the waeco fridge and the LED lights on the trailer

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier