Chevy wins another truck comparison test

bbauer

I have a 2013 Sierra 1500 4x4. I was wanting to get a '14 until I saw it. Eye of the beholder I guess. But I really like my '13 and I loved my '02 2WD before it. It only had 150k on it and easily would have gone to 200k.

zyheba2e.jpg

e7areva7.jpg

Kowboy

Adventurer
Just can't bring myself to get excited about any new truck. The separation between car and truck continues to narrow. Maybe I'm just too old-school. :cool:

bfdiesel

Explorer
Just can't bring myself to get excited about any new truck. The separation between car and truck continues to narrow. Maybe I'm just too old-school. :cool:

Vehicles are all progressing back to where "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black" -Henery Ford.

Flys Lo

Adventurer
In the half ton market. The 3/4 ton (solid front axles etc.) still seem plenty "truckish" to me.

Ridge Runner

Delta V
The Chevrolet Silverado, redesigned for 2014, has won another truck comparison test. This time, Car&Driver editors evaluated current pickups loaded with all the goodies, to the tune of $50K sticker prices. The 2014 Silverado easily out-scored the Ford F150 Lariat with Ecoboost V6 and the Ram Longhorn V8.
http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...013-ram-1500-laramie-longhorn-comparison-test

I quit paying attention to these tests a long time ago. They always declare the "winner" to be whatever vehicle was just redesigned.

zeke2.0

Adventurer
The Ford Lariat isn't the top of the line F-150 either. The King Ranch and Platinum are even more expensive. The Platinum has receding running boards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles