Weird tandem axle tiny trailer ?

live2pedal

So I've been lurker for a long time, and seeing all your wonderful builds I was wanting to build a kind of do it all trailer for awhile. I picked up a free topper for a small pick up as I have a little nissan frontier. I was on the hunt for a pick up bed trailer when I found this for the low low price of "can you haul this off?" It's 4x6 I thought it might be a good starter for a do it all trailer that could hold a decent amount of weight without over taxing my little 4cyl hamster mobile....Thoughts? Suggestions? I should add that this will probably be a very low budget build...as in dirtbag low. Find, salvage, recycle, barter for parts lol 945403_10151450824485806_108263541_n.jpg

Last edited:

Uncle Beer

Observer
Looks like it could be a handy little number but I don't think it's gonna work for an expo trailer. Too much will be involved getting it to spec. It also tough to say what the shape of the deck and supports are in.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
I'd start by dumping the front axel. clean it up, throw some paint on it. put some plywood on the deck and toss a board in back as a tailgate. Put a plywood top on it that you can lift up and fold over with a couple poles as a base for a tent. Tongue jack, stabilizer for rear. Won't even need a ladder to get in the tent but you'd be off the ground and could be level. Get 2 decent used tires, keep one of the old wheels as a spare. Probably under $150 not counting the tent, but if you're lucky, you can get a decent tent for 20 bucks at a garage sale. Now, you're an official overlander....good luck! :)

live2pedal

Thanks for the input. I guess I should have added that it will probably be less overlander, more straight camper utility as I have a 2wd truck until I finish my cj. But my plans did include ditching the front axle, and "flipping" the spring perches to the top of the other axle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94