FWC Finch in Denver Area?

Big_Geek

Drop Bear
Does anyone in the Denver area have a FWC Finch camper that my wife and I could put eyes on? We've been looking at truck campers and bumper-pulls, but not finding much of interest. We rolled by the office of Rocky Mountain Four Wheel Campers, but they were closed and it didn't look like they would have example models.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
I suggest waiting til they're open. They may have one to check out.
What kind of rig are you thinking of using for the Finch? How built out do you want it?
The guys at RMFWC are really good to deal with.

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Chris has a small showroom there.

Usually 4 camper models to see.

I would suggest giving them a call or send him an email to make an appointment.

He will take good care of you.

: )

Big_Geek

Drop Bear
Thanks guys. I'm looking for a camping solution for my Tacoma. Not sure if I'm going to go this path, but I want to look into it more. I do have OME Dakar leafs in the back, so the suspension is not quite as puny as stock and thinking a bit of weight might balance things out in the back end.

I'm not sure on options at this point as I'm still at the beginning stages of investigating.

Thanks!

HunterMike

Observer
You are more than welcome to stop by and see my '84 Hawk. It is under construction at this point, but you would get the idea.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Check out the links in my sig. I am very happy with my Finch so far. Just have to figure out how to get that 2nd battery under the hood and I should be good to go!

AxleIke

Adventurer
My father has the Eagle, which fits very nicely in the bed of a Taco, but is larger than the finch. Especially if you have a newer truck, this model would fit very nicely and not stick out as much.

It really depends on how you use it. My folks do a lot of all season camping, and to be honest, even the Eagle is very tight for two people when it is too cold to spend much time outside.

Here are some shots from father's day.

DSCN2991.jpg

DSCN2875.jpg

DSCN2934.jpg

As you can see, I built a rear bumper for it, but the stock bumper was okay. He just wanted something a little more beefy back there than the stock original bumper.

If you are really interested, I can probably arrange a meet up some time. He lives in the mountains outside of denver about 30 minutes.

Big_Geek

Drop Bear
If you are really interested, I can probably arrange a meet up some time. He lives in the mountains outside of denver about 30 minutes.

I think I'll make an appointment with the Rocky Mountain store and see what they have. In looking around, I may want to go with a ute bed version anyway. Still pondering what I want to do here...

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke