Partsflyin's Mild 03 Frontier Build

partsflyin

Adventurer
Wow that's REAL beef. That looks like quite the upgrade in steering.. enticing to do, but for that price they didn't powdercoat it for you??? Yowza.

How was the install?

I was thinking the same thing when I opened the box... "No powdercoat....?"

Install has been a breeze so far, only had to borrow and 1-5/8" socket from work(for the pitman arm nut). Pickle fork came in handy for sure ,other wise easy does it.

partsflyin

Adventurer
Finished up the steering install and have been driving it evrryday for about a week now.
Drives great ! I am very happy so far.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

partsflyin

Adventurer
No play in the steering? Feels nice and tight or does it give a little bit?

The steering on my truck has always been one of the things that impress me the most, even with 150k on the truck the steering was still very tight and responsive.

I am happy to report that the new setup is just as tight and responsive. I had been running a steering stabilizer and with the larger diameter of the new centerlink, the stabilizer bracket would not fit the center link. It won't take much to fab up a new bracket but I decided to go ahead and complete the install without it for the time being and see how it drove.
I cannot tell any difference so far . But I have not done any off road driving yet either.

So far I am super happy with the upgraded system.

partsflyin

Adventurer
Made a trip out to OBX this weekend.

20140801-16.14.59.jpg

20140802-15.01.15.jpg

partsflyin

Adventurer
Worked out a deal with my buddy who built my rear bumper. He has been working on my sliders. Once again I am super pleased with the work he is turning out.
Driver side is tacked to together. We mocked it up on the truck one last time and I snapped some pics.

20141001_174459.jpg

20141001_174446.jpg

20141001_174432.jpg

We tried to come up with a design that would flow with the look of the rear bumper. I think they are gonna be sweet.

richard310

pew pew
I'm not sure how you feel about this: Is there any way to make that little nub on the rear side where the upwards facing hoop begins, flush so it doesn't stick out like that? I'd be afraid of it snagging on the tire for whatever reason.. one I cannot come up with. More of an aesthetic detail than anything. :)

Otherwise they look really awesome. I love the gap fill of that rear hoop.

partsflyin

Adventurer
I'm not sure how you feel about this: Is there any way to make that little nub on the rear side where the upwards facing hoop begins, flush so it doesn't stick out like that? I'd be afraid of it snagging on the tire for whatever reason.. one I cannot come up with. More of an aesthetic detail than anything. :)

Otherwise they look really awesome. I love the gap fill of that rear hoop.

I hadn't paid much attention to that until you mentioned it. For some reason I think the pic really exaggerates how much is sticking out. It would be impossible for the tire to contact it where it is.
I'll get some better pics and I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke