New Rider and TW owner

Raw7s

Adventurer
I made this thread a few months ago I'm brand new to motorcycles, and had been obsessing over a TW200 ever since

and I made the plunge

I went for a new 2013 TW on Friday(3 days ago). I was making a BIG purchase, and my experience on a motorcycle was absolute zero. But I've raced BMX and mountain biked so I knew I could handle 2 wheels. 4 of the 5 vehicles I've owned had standard transmissions, so I was confident I'd pick up the shifting pretty quick. I rode it Saturday around my parent's huge yard to practice, and was quickly starting on and climbing hills. My friends(850 Sportsman and 900 Rzr) and I had planned for a couple weeks on heading to the Ouachita National Forest on Sunday, and I felt I was ready to take my TW this time. We hauled it in his truck to get there of course, I'm not ready for 4,000 lb missiles around me yet. We rode the forest service roads around the mountains, which were a hard packed gravel. I definitely had to get used to taking turns much slower as my rear wheel would slide very easily. We road some rough side trails, some very steep. I loved how slow I was able to go and have my feet out to the side as outriggers to keep my balance, while the fat rear tire dug in and pushed me up the mountain. These were the biggest reasons I fell in love with the TW over the past few months reading about it across the interwebz.

IMG_2152_zpsbd9411a8.jpg

We watched a small storm roll in from one of the mountain tops

IMG_2148Stitch_zps8314bfed.jpg

IMG_2153_zpsf072bc1f.jpg

IMG_2155_zps6dde8cc8.jpg

IMG_2156Stitch_zpsdfa96278.jpg

I did take a spill around a gravel turn at the end of the day, scraped up my left arm some, but was mostly worried about my new bike. The shifter was bent up and had to limp back to the truck in 1st. Luckily all it took was a pipe to bend it back out when we got home, good as new :D

At the end of the day, I loved every bit of it. I want to head back out today, sore left side and all

bad luck

Observer
TW200's are such good little trailbikes. I bought mine new back in 88, and it still runs great. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Oh yeah! some nice pics btw.

wild1

Adventurer
I think that you will love your TW , they are sweet little machines. Make sure that your tires are at the recommended pressure, if they are overinflated the bike can be very flighty on the gravel. Depending on your weight you might need to drop the pressure even lower then the recommended to find the sweet spot on the dirt.

Attachments

• 055.JPG
    055.JPG
    661.4 KB · Views: 37

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke