Teardrop Overhaul

AndrewDM

Adventurer
That's a nice looking teardrop. I like the color change and the LED taillights you added...

Thanks Jim,

I was originally going to paint it, but found a local business that does vinyl wraps for vehicles. Using vinyl cut time off the rebuild schedule. I am still working on the galley and some other loose ends. I'll post up some more pics soon.

-Andy

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I am looking at a used Little Guy Silver Shadow with the same type of idea that you have. Did you change the fenders or just the tires? Wondering how difficult to change fenders. I am interested in what you have planned, mine would just be a National Park and forest road cruiser. Hilldweller weigh in here, you have good ideas and grasp of the potential issues. Cheers

If you build up a Silver Shadow, reinforce the frame a bit. The SS is sorta big and heavy and you don't want the frame to flex and loosen up all the joints.

AndrewDM

Adventurer
Here is a shot of the galley, still sorting out storage needs. The galley light needs to go LED as the twin tube fluorescent is a bug magnet.

Interior1.jpg

Leaving camp this past weekend.

Packed.jpg

-Andy

teardrop overhaul

Looking good, really like what you have done. Looking forward to the next mod. Hilldweller thanks for comments to my earlier post.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
It really looks slick, Andy.

Get a couple of Home Depot recessed LED under-cabinet lights if you can get into the paneling. I had too many ribs in my way to do that but you might be narrow enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles