Autohome Columbus RTT, Small - Sacramento, CA

djsixbillion

Adventurer
I'm interested. What Oz Tent are you interested in trading for? I have an RV3 in great shape with the ground tarp and rain fly.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm not all that familiar with the Oztent models, but from looking at their site it seems we would need one of the larger ones. Needs to sleep 4 comfortably. What has been your experience with the RV-3?

YotaPilot

Adventurer
Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm not all that familiar with the Oztent models, but from looking at their site it seems we would need one of the larger ones. Needs to sleep 4 comfortably. What has been your experience with the RV-3?

I like it. It is very easy to set up, as advertised. However, the rain fly takes a little more work (lots of tie lines). The RV3 is very comfortable fir my wife and I. We sleep with our head at the side and have room at our feet for small duffle bags. The is still space to sleep one more person comfortably. I can stand in it next to the door and my head barely touches the top (I'm 5"11). The built in awning is awesome, one of my favorite features.

My only disappointment with it is use in windy conditions. Because the way the shell is attached to the frame there is some slack that can flap pretty bad in the wind. The side window zippers also make a rattling noise when the wind blows. I would say this all this occurs in winds over 10-15 mph.

Last thing, not really a complaint, just something to be aware of...the packed size. When all packed up in the supplied bag, it's 6 ft long. For security and protection on the road I got a Thule cargo box that it fits in along with some other camp items.

Other than that it is great.

Watch the trip report section. I will be posting a bunch of pics from my recent trip to Big Bend SP and I took some of the tent.

djsixbillion

Adventurer
Thanks for the info, and the offer Justin. Sounds like we would be better off with an RV-4 or 5 though, with the wife and I plus 2 little ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior