Interior swap on a 2nd Gen. Trooper?

Aegis

K9 Handler
Hey all,

While researching and considering what to build-up as a rig for myself, I've been curious: how hard is it these days to source a leather interior for a Trooper? At the moment, there's only one available on ebay from a wrecked rig... It's not an absolute deal breaker for me, but I really am not a fan of cloth, and would ultimately like to be able to run something without going the seat-cover route.

Also would be open to anyone's experiences with swapping in a different interior -- maybe 1st Gen Trooper? Montero? Anything else out there that's been known to work without any major fab (read: welding)?

Anyone have any experience with this? Definitely would be appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Funny, I hate leather. Hot and sweaty when its summer, cold and slippery in winter. But hey, whatever floats yer boat.

Have you tried searching on car-part.com?

Aegis

K9 Handler
Funny, I've actually never heard of car-part.com -- if I end up with a Trooper with cloth interior, I'll have to give 'em a gander.

... The temperature aspect of leather has never really bothered me, for whatever reason.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Well, I think it is usually vinyl-coated leather (on cheaper vehicles), since we're on the subject. At least that is what it felt like on a 97 Tahoe I used to have.

The one thing I did like about the 'leather' is that dog fur did not stick to it.

Aegis

K9 Handler
i have a set of tan leathers for the front if you're interested.

Much appreciated; however, I'm without a rig at the moment -- I may hit you up in the coming months though if I do end up settling on a Trooper! :)

smote

I recently installed the leather interior from a '99 Trooper into my (wife's) '97 Trooper to replace the worn out moldy cloth interior it came with. It all bolted in with no modifications necessary. I'm undecided weather its any nicer or better. My wife loves it (which is worth it in my book), but I agree that its worse in hot or cold environments but it does seem to add a touch of class to what would otherwise just be 'the camping rig'. I found it on craigslist for a song, there was no way I couldn't pick it up. I'd recommend that and the aforementioned parts-yard search, car-part.com as your best bet if you're really set on finding some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online