Campmate's owners

kraqus

Norcalwood
I just got one and I am digging this little box.
It seems perfect to carry everything I need for short trips.

Capture.JPG

But I am a bit disappointed because I was not able to fit my Camp Chef MS3G stove\grill combo.
It seems to be just a bit too big at 24 inches which sucks because now I have to carry it separately.
The whole idea is to carry the stove inside the Campmate covered with the Lid.

Capture2.JPG

I have been looking for smaller Grill\stove combos but I am not been able to find anything small enough yet.

So the question is,
What type of kitchen do you carry in your Campmate?

Benny

TRDPARTS4U

Adventurer
I had one up until about 6 months ago. I used a standard Century Primus 2 burner stove that fit well. I thought most of the 2 burner camp stoves fit in these pretty well. Is it the height or length that is too large?

kraqus

Norcalwood
The length.
The corners rub against the sides and do not allow the lid to close.
At 24" seems to be a bit too large. I need something in the 22" range.

Benny

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
kraqus, I wish you had posed the question before you bought the chuck box, as I went through the reverse situation when I bought the Camp Chef after the chuck box. We were using our Coleman 2 burner inside it but needed something with better output when at higher elevation. So now we just pack our big 2 burner Camp Chef professional stove and cook a bit quicker.

perkj

Explorer
Coleman 413 and 414 (as well as the smaller 425 and 424s) stoves fit in the campmates. These are all white gas/coleman fuel stoves that aren't impacted by altitude since you pressures the tanks yourself with the built in pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz