Cruising Edmonton to San Diego part 2

KIRUXA

Observer
:lurk:

Great story. I will be checking back to continue reading. Keep up the great adventure and be safe.

Thanks! We for another 7 days to go packed with places to see!

One more picture of overflow reservoir at the Hoover dam
vune8a4u.jpg

KIRUXA

Observer
Due to non existent cell for the last 2-3 days I haven't posted any updated. Very odd when AT&T insured me that they cover 97% of states. I must have spent about 10 days in that 3%...weird eh?!

Drove down the Vegas strip just because...been here before but never actually drove it
rahenysy.jpg

e6y8aven.jpg
7e2azyby.jpg

Got to st George for a night of sleep in a hotel and a hot shower.
Next day we were off to Zion national Park!
What a place! One could spend at least a few days here.
We just had time for a drive around and a 7-8mile hike
ge2aryvy.jpg

y4atyded.jpg

ze8y3uqa.jpg

KIRUXA

Observer
The same night we arrived at Grand Canyon north rim. The directions received from any staff here were horrible which caused some frustration to already a long but still good day.
We ended up breaking out a camp in the middle of the forest for free after getting some hidden gems tips from local sheriff.
Camped right on the edge of canyon. Marble view point to be exact.
sysubapa.jpg

y5aju7yg.jpg

Exactly what we woke up to in the tent
du9ypa4y.jpg

e6use3y8.jpg

The next day we went on a little walk to explore the forest and found tons and tons of these awesome to fry mushrooms. Don't know the name in English but these are widely used and picked in Russia
ygazuqyr.jpg
meqa3upa.jpg

KIRUXA

Observer
The next day we set off on 500kms drive to Moab, Utah.
Here are some pics along the way:

Rocks/houses
7y8unyny.jpg

avyjuvyq.jpg

6ama9ame.jpg

Arrived at this town....not sure if I wanted to believe anyone here

ame8ubuh.jpg

Just outside of the bluff city we came across this when the temperature went from +40 to +15 in a matter of minutes and we got dumped with 6-8" of heavy hail!
eqyzasuv.jpg

3aby8a4a.jpg

ssapach

Adventurer
Gotta love a good ol' road trip.

This past January I drove down to Florida and then west to Vegas. First time in Las Vegas and I got to drive the strip......stayed at the Wynn too!

I gotta admit, Vegas isn't for me, but just seeing the Hoover damn was worth the trip west for me!

KIRUXA

Observer
The next day consisted of bouncing around Moab, Utah.
Arches national park hiking and a bit of off roading through the desert

e2apyreq.jpg

ry6avage.jpg

ytu3atas.jpg

agebezed.jpg

This actually competes our journey. We are off to go back home as soon as possible. We had to cut out all the camping in yellow stone national park due to very cold weather and some time restrictions.
A few more photos on the way home.
1800kms to go home.

2apusu7u.jpg

zypyrape.jpg

I hope this blog helped some of the people who plan to do similar trip with tips on what to see and such. Please MSG me with any questions and I can expand in more details about certain points. Cheers!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke