2005 118" Sprinter Conversion for Alexander

Abitibi

Explorer
Hi Southpier,

The way to bump your opinion in this thread makes me think you're the one who hasn't got laid in a while! ;D

I really like Paul's work, a lot! I'm sure just like you I might do some of the things differently but I wouldn't discredit or critic so harshly his work/designs especially when he takes the time to post with so much details. It's inspiring and I've learned a few tricks along the way (and ideas). Best of luck in your own design/build and make sure to post so we can all benefit from your vast wisdom...

Great work Paul!

Cheers,
Mr. D

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Very nice build Paul! I hope it turned out as well as you hoped. It seemed to please Alex!
Now, how do I block seeing Southpier's posts, he really is becoming a troll?

krl81

Adventurer
So Paul, what's next? :) thanks for a killer thread and many good ideas... Or should I say NOT thank you for the ideas. :p

southpier

Expedition Leader
Very nice build Paul! I hope it turned out as well as you hoped. It seemed to please Alex!

i guess the Constitution you defend has neglected to include the First Ammendment - unless the ideas are the same as yours, eh?

if someone posts on an internet forum and only expects fawning and praise, they might be disappointed.

there are valid concerns over some of the design executions in this project. if someone were to enter the van from the side door and drag a foot over the sharp aluminum trim, how many stitches would it take to close up the cut?

other than a few hippy - surfer vans i paneled in the early 70s, i haven't done much work on mobile units. only spent 43 years in the residential construction trades, mostly doing carpentry work, but some stints working with plumbers and electricians. next year when i cash in my chips, i hope to build something comfortable & safe. i'll try to combine the lessons i've learned along the way.

what to do, and what not to do. i cannot control if that makes someone else uncomfortable.

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Thank You Paul for giving us a photographic essay of your latest build. I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us next! Keep up the great work. :)

southpier

Expedition Leader
i'll always cherish the times we shared.

but then you've never really addressed the observations i've made, only replied with defensive faux wit dot dot dot

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
I'm not sure if it works on posts, but you might try the 'Ignore List' (see below)
The best advise is for everyone not to feed trolls.
-
Click to enlarge:
ignore.jpg
-
-

Update:
From the following 3 posts the 'ignore' features seems to work, so here is a single click HOTLINK to 'ignore' Southpier:
Ignore Southpier's Posts

Last edited:

jiveass

Just arrived home, safely. No cuts, bruises, mauled feet or grumpkins turned up. And.... already got the seal of approval on the van from a girl I met in Portland. She loved it.

Extra bonus, the friend who had quite the argument for a fold down bed...one of my best friends.. saw it today and relented, citing the superior use of space. I think the term was glowing japanese apartment, or something like that.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
^ Excellent. Glad you had a good trip home in your new tin-tent!

Oh and epic one click ignore there Mog. It works well.

richjeeps

Eagle
I'm not sure if it works on posts, but you might try the 'Ignore List' (see below)
The best advise is for everyone not to feed trolls.
-
Click to enlarge:
View attachment 193732
-
-

Update:
From the following 3 posts the 'ignore' features seems to work, so here is a single click HOTLINK to 'ignore' Southpier:
Ignore Southpier's Posts

Awesome! Thank you.

If he wants to exercise his right to free speech he should start his own thread.

southpier

Expedition Leader
the seal of approval on the van from a girl I met in Portland.

this has certainly swayed my whole argument.

i would still like to hear the six month use report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online