Eezi-Awn K9 Roof Racks, Accessories, Applications, Q&A

BulletHead

Adventurer
Paul,
Any way to mount solar PV cells BELOW the K9 rack and be able to pull them out towards the sides or front/back when need to similar to how the table is mounted below the rack? Obviously on top would make the best use, but can't have a RTT on top along with PV cells.

Anyone else do this?

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Sure! I think it would be a simple solution to work out. The direction would be either to the front or to the back, because you have cross braces on the bottom of the platform, left to right, roughly every foot and a half spacing. There is a foot or a leg at every cross brace. The trick is to gauge the measurements of the length, width and thickness of the solar panels. The K9 Table mounts is set up to hold a table as large as 46" long and 27" wide, attached to the T-Slots on the bottom of the cross braces. The most important part is the latch. It is designed to attach to the M6 T-Slot on the perimeter of the platform and stop the table from sliding out. The tables are 2" thick, so that is what the mount will secure. If you want to do a thicker or longer solar panel, you will need a thicker or longer Z channel and more clearance under the rack. The latch will work on anything you slide under the rack.

Cheers,

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Want/need to bump this as I have a 100 series and have the factory roof rack removed and also the ditch moulding removed also. I really don’t want to have to purchase new factory moulding and need to know if the K9 rack rails require the factory moulding to lay onto?

Can they be secured without it?

TIA and hope everyone is getting outside as much as they can, it’s SO good for the soul!

1CB55210-ADFD-49E8-8BD4-9EED93C31891.jpeg

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
Hey!

Sorry for the delay in responding to your inquiry. Our staff was at a show all weekend, and we are just catching up. You can also reach out to us directly at Equipt1.com. We are not always on the forum either.

Our rack mounting rail utilizes the OEM trim in the pinch welds, to stabilize the rail. It will not fit down inside the channel. We provide spacers to elevate the openings in the trim where the OEM rack is attached. You could try to mount the rail over the top of the clips you have still down in that channel, but I have no idea as to how that will work out, or if it would be too wobbly. Best solution would be to replace the OEM trim. We purchase the trim for 5th Gen 4Runners from the dealer, and use it on all the Toyota models.

Cheers,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94