I'm baaaack

95RRC

Adventurer
Well - I realized I couldn't stay away from them. So I kept my eyes and ears open for another trailer and this Sankey popped up for sale. Made a deal - and picked it up a few weeks ago. What an amazing build the previous owner did!! I have all the pictures of the work, but the craftmanship is awesome - and extremely well thought out. I am very lucky to basically get a turnkey Expo trailer.

The Foxwing awning is amazing! And the Mombasa 3 man tent EXTREMELY comfortable. Been on one overnighter - the wifey loved it!!! SCORE!

Now I can work on some small improvements:
- I have room on the extended tongue for another box to house batteries, electric, inverters etc etc etc...plus room for Jerry cans on one side and propane on the other
- Shelf in the main box - I want to have a top shelf for slide out storage - or some type of slide out storage incorp with a fridge on bottom
- Slides and fridge for the main box

Here are some pics...

Attachments

• IMG_3048.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3045.jpg
    IMG_3045.jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3033.jpg
    IMG_3033.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3041.jpg
    IMG_3041.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3037.jpg
    IMG_3037.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3008.jpg
    IMG_3008.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 76

95RRC

Adventurer
Here it is deployed on the first adventure....Seneca Rocks in WV
Next weekend we will be using it for 4 nights at the Cove for the Land Rover East Coast event - The Conclave http://www.conclave2012.com/

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1152.jpg
    IMG_1152.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 65

95RRC

Adventurer
Conclave 2013

So I took it up as our base camp for the Land Rover conclave event - here are some pics. I def have to figure out a water tank solution for it, and a better lighting solution utilizing batteries. Other than that...flawless.

LOVE the Foxwing - it really sets thing up very well.
IMG_1177.jpgIMG_1180.jpg

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Looks good!...the big box looks to have tons of room....and the Foxwing creates a nice, protected area. Very well put together!

We're headed out to The Cove this weekend coming up, swing by for a cold one if your out and about!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Hey, That's Scott's trailer! That foxwing came off of my old Conqueror Conquest. Looks great.

D

95RRC

Adventurer
So I have been working on some storage solutions for the trailer. I wanted to get rid of all my "Expo" cases :) - and so I put together some ideas for a drawer system, and added a shelf as well for better organization of kit. All the structure is made of this really neat Aluminium tubing with a connector system to keep the weight down. More info in the Storage Solution thread.

Next up is a slide for the 50L Ironman.

Then I have relocated the tongue box to create some extra room for what will be a battery box (2 AGM's) control board and a solar kit for charging it all up. Design etc for this is underway. I found a great box to house it all at Tractor Supply Company - so I will be completing that build over the winter. Amazon is delivering all the kit - I just need to find a good foldable/roll up 120W or so solar panel. Getting ideas from the Power thread on here....stay tuned.

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1372.jpg
    IMG_1372.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 29

95RRC

Adventurer
Oh one more thing - for anyone interested in the Foxwing - they can be bought from this site http://www.familytentcamping.com/ - and support is awesome!!! I broke the aluminium hinge pins on the poles (pivot points) in a big gust of wind...apparently easy to do as they said they did that ONCE too. So for $25ea I was sent replacements. And bought extras :)

Anyway as everyone who sees the trailer and the awning loves it I thought I would post it up.

Kcdude

Adventurer
What do you tie it to to keep tension on the awning? It looks to be the same height as your tent.

Been considering one but I have a AT Horizon and would need to raise it on the awning mounts first to get it high enough. Then swing it around. That puts it higher than the base of my RTT. I would love to have one but get concerned arout the torque it would put on the raised awning mounts and how to keep tension on it....let alone snapping poles in the wind.

A few side walls and a tag along RV5 and you will have quite the compound there....very nice!

95RRC

Adventurer
poles go in the ends, and then ropes from the top of the pole to a tent peg - like the 'ol fashioned tents with poles. It works really well - and no worries at all in a breeze. You just need two people to put it up vs a one man job in little to no breeze.

Go here and check out the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erx6XFP6oSg
Also I bought these AWESOME little stakes - now the ropes are no longer a tripping hazard - they just go straight down the pole.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvudAckKhvY

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94