m101A3 axle question

Lipek

Observer
A few months ago I bought M101A3 trailer on GL, it served me well throughout the summer as gear hauler but with fall/winter approaching I’m planning to start building it up to an expedition/base camp trailer. First thing on my list is the axle swap, I’ve been searching and couldn’t come up with definite answer as to which axle is right for my setup. Basically I want a 3500 lb. Dexter axle that can accommodate Toyota wheels (Toyota Fj cruiser is the tow vehicle). Can someone help me with info of the correct dimension or set up I need to buy please, also can I buy an axle with just parking brakes instead of electric brake/parking brake combo?photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

Scrapdaddy

Adventurer
Lipek,

Nice trailer. I've got some of those, they work for many things. Shame you're getting rid of the axle and surge brake, some good stuff. I know it's alot of weight for a smaller vehicle. My Son pulls one with a Nissan Exterra ( sp? )

When you get ready to sell stuff, let me know, I could use the front landing leg. One of mine broke.

Thanks,

Ron
scrapdaddy.ron@gmail.com

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Thanks Mark...

if you need any help let me know.

I went with the 3" Dia.(which technically makes at a #5000lb axle) with the 5.5 on 6 with brakes, added Spidertrax to get from factory lug centric to hub centric on the 4runner

I went through Redneck trailer supply...took about 2 weeks, and was a direct bolt up. I did add Sensa-Trac shocks after the fact.

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior