Camper Wiring help

BCHauler

Adventurer
My old Husky camper doesn't have complete wiring. At some point some work was done to it and the external plug wiring was removed. Basically, I can't plug the camper into the truck. I can remove the camper battery and charge it and then reinstall it and have full use of the camper electrics, but once it depletes i'm stuck. Can anyone give me a schematic or link to installing or wiring up a harness? I've done a fair bit of Googling but haven't found anything. Thanks Todd

Basically you want a high amperage capacity relay that is activated by ignition being turned on, with the connection being chassis battery-relay-camper battery.
Cmaper supply places sell all sorts of permutations: electromechanical relays, solid state equivalent, more sophisticated battery-battery chargers (the BEST but not cheapest alternative). Sterling sell a 50A battery-battery charger that is turned on when chassis battery exceeds 13.2V (i.e. when alternator is working) and ups the voltage a bit for faster better charging of camper battery.

Charlie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles