The Lightweight Camp Chair Alternative: Helinox Chair One

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
There are some great camp chairs out there, and most of them are pretty big, heavy and bulky. EVERY vehicle generally performs better when it is loaded down with less stuff, especially when it comes to a full overland expedition load in a proper off road vehicle. Check out my review on the Helinox Chair One, distributed by Big Agnes in North America. This is a great camp chair for the overland traveler, whether by 4x4, moto or even bicycle.

http://www.exploringelements.com/review-helinox-chair-one/

What's your favorite camp chair?

HelinoxChairOneReview-5.jpg

Seldom Seen

Observer
Leaked photo of the new Helinox Sunset chair. My source at Big Agnes hinted it will debut at this years Outdoor Retailer.

Attachments

• 10300434_727614270617498_3640965954637093252_n.jpg
    10300434_727614270617498_3640965954637093252_n.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 95

Honu

lost on the mainland
excited to see that :) my own mod works great but would be nice to have it built in that chair also looks taller ? or is it just me
Leaked photo of the new Helinox Sunset chair. My source at Big Agnes hinted it will debut at this years Outdoor Retailer.

WanderingBison

I have two Helinox and the matching table and could not be happier. I think the table is even lighter.

Outstanding solution!

peneumbra

Explorer
What's really cool is this camp chair that I've attached to these containers filled with hydrogen. Talk about lightweight - it's almost floating in the air!

Let me show you how the filler works; I'll just light this match so you can see-----

Honu

lost on the mainland

here is my review of the two :) from the link above they are not the same the Helinox is the nicer chair IMHO ;)

OK since these two chairs are very similar there are also some differences
decided to order both and see what I thought :)

basically the Helinox wins IMHO its more comfy my wife and kids also thought so
the helinox is about 1 inch wider
the corners where the poles go in the Helinox has a stiffener inside them and they are larger so the poles do not dig into your back !
the shape or cut of the fabric is also different the Helinox being a bit more conforming and also allows you to sit in the chair a bit more making the back a bit longer which is much more supportive !
the Helinox I think says 330 lbs vs the 250 lbs of the REI
the Helinox bag is also a bit nicer IMHO again :)

updated on Jun 4th 2013 with two still pics of the chairs :)

one to show the seat cut and you can see how much more back length you get out of the chair shape
helinox-rei-seat.jpg

and the width the helinox is wider about 1.75 inches wider
helinox-rei-width.jpg

Seldom Seen

Observer
Received an order from BA this week, included was a copy of their print catalog. Thumbing through it I found something that I missed on their website:

Ball%20feet(W)%203-zm.jpg

Big Agnes

Last edited:

Freebird

Adventurer
Kermit Chair. Pack silly small. Comfortable. Quality obvious. Last forever. Not backpacking lite. Car camping lite.
Favorite of discerning (read high end) motorcycle camping crowd. You can chose how far to break it down, or not at all for car/truck/camper use.
Of course, as you would expect, top quality cost$ more.
http://www.kermitchair.com

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier