Anyone run a K5 Blazer?

gloriavoxdei

Adventurer
I'm getting ready to finish my TDY and get home and back to work on my Jimmy. Anyone else on here have a K5 they want to share pics of?

fowldarr

Explorer
There are a few on here, I had a 77 for awhile. Probably the best $700 I ever spent. Wish I still had it.

UncleBilly

Observer
I had a 89 Blazer 4x4 and loved it. Engine had 160,000 mi on it and ran perfect. Like an idiot I sold her when I got a new car. Should have stored her at my Dads house! Still miss it!

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
I've got one. I started to tinker with it last year, then stopped to get my 4runner ready to go to Colorado
this past July. I'll be starting back up on it soon.
6787724040_5c68713baf_z.jpg

rockin kw

I have a 85 Silverado. 350, 700r4. in the process of upgrading trans and installing a twin stick 205. also 3/4 ton axles with a 2 1/2 to 4 inch lift with 35 inch tires. also got a 4 wheel drive pop up camper. Just need to get some time to work on it.
blazer.jpg

MR. ED

Observer
Just got an '89. Got it from my buddies sister and it needs a paint job! Hopefully it'll have 3/4 ton axles and 37's soon. I do have 16 cans of spray paint to help with the color.IMG_4263.jpgIMG_4276.jpg

84scrambler

Observer
003.JPG
I have a 85 Silverado. 350, 700r4. in the process of upgrading trans and installing a twin stick 205. also 3/4 ton axles with a 2 1/2 to 4 inch lift with 35 inch tires. also got a 4 wheel drive pop up camper. Just need to get some time to work on it.
View attachment 186761
you have an extra one of the campers for sale or know where one is i need it for my new to me jimmy

rockin kw

IMG_0070.JPGIMG_0073.JPGIMG_0075.JPGI kept looking on craigslist, wander the west, and ck5. chased this one for almost two years before I was able to bring it home. only part missing was the tube support for the table. Ended up driving 2400 miles round trip to get it. but the price was right. traded some stuff I was not using for it. pics are missing the lower cabinets under the fridge and couch/bed behind passenger seat

Last edited:

rockin kw

mine was in Colorado. does not look to have been used to much .have looked at your thread you started. Got it mounted on my blazer and that is as far as I have gotten. blew the stock rear end up and have a 14 bolt 4.88 locked rear to install and a dana 44 3/4 ton front axle 35 inch toyo tires on black powder coated spoke rims. keep us updated on the progress.

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
I do, I must have been writing my build thread as you were starting this one. And yes you can visit plenty of K5 specific sites but none are like this, most are dedicated to crawling or wheeling in general. The trucks here are more geared for travel and utility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles