New camping location app for iPhone / iPad

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
That looks nice for traveling, he also has a Boondocking app - I wonder what his East Coast coverage is like?

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
Interesting.... but I'm not sure I want to risk $5 on it yet. I guess more research is in order.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Plus you can email the developer (me) with any comments or questions and I'll answer them, fix any bugs, etc.
Does the 'app' download the data so you can use the program without a wifi/cell connection ?
And are there any plans for an Android app ?

kylekai

Observer
The app comes pre-packaged with all the data; no data are downloaded so you can use the app without a wifi or cell connection.
No plans for an Android version.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Wonder how it compares to Allstays? Their Camp and RV has an awful lot of info...

kylekai

Observer
This app's emphasis on strictly public places to camp, ranging from full-service state parks to dispersed boondocking locations with no facilities. Private RV parks that AllStays has, for example, are not included. Instead this app has a lot more public campgrounds than AllStays. Guess it depends what type of camping you enjoy.

kylekai

Observer
I took a look at CanyonLands NP in Utah using both apps. AllStays Camp & RV shows 3 campgrounds in the park. The Ultimate US Public Campground Project app shows 27. Again, it's all how you like to camp. I've attached screenshots of both. I hope that helps.

AllStays.jpg Ultimate CG.jpg

Ovrland

Adventurer
I've tried all the links but cannot glean any info on coverage of New York State. I'm specifically looking for upstate NY.

kylekai

Observer
The app gets all its data from this web site so whatever campgrounds you see there you will see on the app. I see a lot of campgrounds in New York. NY.jpg

Ovrland

Adventurer
Huh...when I clicked on the links it would only take me to Michigan.

Thanks for the info...I'll check it out further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles