"Manual Backup" for Water Supply

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
I'm having a connundrum about whether I should have a gravity-fed spigot from my water tank as a back up. I'm setting up with an on-demand pump but have a nagging concern it wouldn't hurt to have a plan-B in case my pump goes out. There is an extra output already in the tank and I haven't finished the bodywork to the back yet, so adding this would be no issue at all.

What say you all?

Texan

I hadn't thought of a backup, but I agree with a drain. Slower, but you need to drain it for winter storage anyway. I was going to put in a T for that with a clear line on top to show the water level in the tank and put the clear line in PVC pipe with a view window.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
IMG_0673.jpg

Manual is good.
Gravity flow from the tank to fill pots
I wish I would have put my hose bib lower on the tub side.

matthewp

Combat Truck Monkey
So I will... I'm going to run a "manual" tap to the rear of the trailer, underneath the kitchen area. I figure it can do regular duty like Mark does with his.

Thanks for the input guys!

Xrunner

Explorer
It might be worth considering adding a ball valve inside the trailer so you can disable the exterior tap too.

Robert Bills

Explorer
I have used a spigot with gravity feed for many years and never felt the need for a pump (My Zodi Hot Tap shower has its own pump). The simplest solution is sometimes the best.

My 16 gal Ronco Plastics tank drains through a tube out the bottom of the tub through an existing hole in the frame to a spigot. I can fill the tank from the top, or by using the adapter shown, from the bottom by attaching a garden hose. There is an extra shut off valve under the trailer to prevent inadvertently losing water if someone forgets to close the spigot all the way.

650x488xHPIM0153.JPG.pagespeed.ic.bZW4oP8cbU.jpg

650x488xHPIM0155.JPG.pagespeed.ic.j9EggZ3BRB.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior