Telescoping stabilizer legs

Curious what other folks have done for this? I plan on unhooking trailer and parking it at camp sites most of the time.

I found some on the 'zon for pretty low cost. I called several local big time camping supplies houses and they either don't stock or want to charge 3-5 times what I paid.

111Orxa7NDL.jpg

Mykol74

I have that leg, I think I got it at e-trailer.com for less than $20 (but then add shipping - ugh). It's good for what it says it will do, such as easy usage, etc. However I have it under the tongue on my truck bed trailer. The leg has a 500 lb. limit, yet it doesn't seem very sturdy when I use it to prop up the front of my trailer (which is under 500 lbs. easily, because I can lift it myself to hook/unhook it to my SUV). I even insert a grade 8 bolt through the ratcheting holes to ensure it does not collapse.

Then, a few weeks ago my borther-in-law pulled his SUV into my driveway, bumped into the tongue of my trailer hard enough to scoot it back about 4 feet (despite the wheel blocks). This made the leg kind of hyper-extend (it dragged very hard on the concrete, leaving a trail) and now seems even less stable plus I can't get it to lock into place anymore when it's recessed/hidden (it keeps dropping down).

I see this leg on lots of other trailers here on the site, and no one complains about it so either I have a lemon, or I'm using it beyond its specs (which I doubt).

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Chris, so you have a receiver on the trailers rear bumper? Making a "kickstand" or inserting a trailer jack would've an easy solution if you can avoid any tailgate opening issues. Come on over and I am sure we could whip something up.

Chris, so you have a receiver on the trailers rear bumper? Making a "kickstand" or inserting a trailer jack would've an easy solution if you can avoid any tailgate opening issues. Come on over and I am sure we could whip something up.

Hi Drew! I already bought these legs....but.... You found me hiding out over here, lol.

I need a 5lb propane tank holder ring, guessing you made yours.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online