1993 HZJ75 Troop Carrier - NC Registered/CO Located

shellb

Adventurer
Due to some over all lifestyle changes and the need for additional capital, I am in the process of changing up the vehicles I own. Plus I have vehicular ADD…I have also just listed my 2011 F250 for sale on the board.

I have sold a few vehicles on here and I hope that some folks on this board can speak for me and this cruiser. I'm sure I will regret this later…

The title pretty much speaks for itself and I am sure everyone is aware of what this vehicle is and the rarity. Relevant information is below, but please don't hesitate to ask questions or contact me, however for the sake of this thread, please let's not turn this into an importation discussion. The vehicle is here and registered, please appreciate it for what it is.

Cruiser: 1993 HZJ75 Troop Carrier w/ 150k miles (actual odo is in KM ~240k)

Origin: AUS (RHD)

Price: $24,000 / Will Consider Trades

Location: Boulder, CO (NC titled and registered - I recently move back home to CO, can get it titled here if important)

Delivery: Willing to Ship at Buyers Expense or Could Help with Delivery

Contact Info: PM

Picture Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/106767...authkey=Gv1sRgCMiD5sG4vpWztgE&feat=directlink (can take more if needed)

Video Link: https://picasaweb.google.com/106767...authkey=Gv1sRgCJvP6I-1ttiDqQE&feat=directlink (can take more if needed)

Reference Thread: http://forum.ih8mud.com/nc-olde-north-state-cruisers/700134-continuing-troopy-legacy.html

Here Are Some Highlights:

Stock Strong Running 1HZ Diesel (maintenance within last 3 years includes top end rebuild, new gaskets, timing belt, radiator, etc.)
H55F Five Speed
Factory A/C
Factory Dual Fuel Tanks (~40 gallon capacity, fully functioning)
Factory Snorkel with 7" Pre Cleaner
Factory (ARB) Front Bumper
Warn Zeon 10s Winch with Synthetic Line (installed 6 months ago)
OME Heavy/Heavy Suspension (installed 6 months ago)
Factory 70 Series Wheels (5) (installed 6 months ago)
255/85R16 Maxxis Big Horn (5) (installed 6 months ago)
IBS Dual Battery System
Die Hard Platinum Group 31 Battery (installed 6 months ago)
Custom Rear Tire Carrier Built by Hardline Fabrication
Hilift Jack
Mastercraft Baja RS Suspension Seats (3) (installed 6 months ago)
Interior Sound Deadened With Damplifier Pro from Second Skin Audio
Custom ABS Plastic Side and Rear Door Panels
HZJ79 Side Mirrors
New Sun Visors
New Leather Steering Wheel Cover
Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge
TruckLite LED Headlight
10" LED Light Bars (2, wired to dash)
LED Interior Lights and Dash Bulbs
LED Reverse Lights
Removed Old Headliner (currently bare metal, needs new liner or paint)
Front Axle Rebuilt
New Brake Lines
New Wiper Motor, Linkage and Arms
Solid Frame with No Rust
Rust Repair to Rain Gutters
Small Amount of Rust in Drive Floorboard (see pictures)
Fan Clutch Needs Rebuilt
1HZ FSM
Factory Owners Manual
I'm sure I am forgetting some things

Summary:

This is an awesome cruiser - everything works as it should or better, it always starts up (preheat light works), runs strong and is a blast to drive. I drove it ~1,500 miles from NC to CO and then took it to Moab for CM. As you can see there has been a lot of work done on it by reputable shops and has great aftermarket improvements. I believe that some of the guys in ONSC and others can vouch for this cruiser. I have been able to source parts with a little bit of effort and have contacts to pass along. Unfortunately, given the current situation in CO, I just wanted to say there is no flood damage.

Pictures: More in Link Above

Troopy%u00252520Pictures-1.jpg

Troopy%u00252520Pictures-11.jpg

Troopy%u00252520Pictures-14.jpg

Troopy%u00252520Pictures-16.jpg

Troopy%u00252520Pictures-29.jpg

Troopy%u00252520Pictures-6.jpg

Troopy%u00252520Pictures-7.jpg

Troopy%u00252520Pictures-4.jpg

Troopy%u00252520Pictures-36.jpg

Last edited:

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
May I ask how you managed to get that titled in the US, given that it's not 25 years old.

Thanks,
-Dan

shellb

Adventurer
Thanks for the question, Dan. I was not associated with the import nor do I know the specifics. I purchased the vehicle in NC where it was previously titled and had no issues transferring the title/registering it in my name at the DMV.

MTSN

Explorer
I really wish I didn't have a bad left knee because I can't drive manuals any more :(

Out of curiosity, what kind of mpg are you getting?

shellb

Adventurer
Thanks for the cross post! I updated my intro thread over there but didn't put it in the FS section.

Mileage has been low/mid twenties, pretty nice for a cruiser!

shellb

Adventurer
Last bump before it goes off to eBay!

If you have an offer, throw it my way soon.

Also will listen to higher trade value offers.

Brett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles