Did Hammarhead Industries go under???

fxk142

Observer
I am beginning to think that something went wrong and they are no longer in business. Both their facebook, and blog pages have not been updated in months, their online store is shut down. And some of the pictures on their facebook page have comments about how Hammarhead took their deposits on bikes to be built and then ran off with the money????

Anyone have an inside line on what the deal is? Always liked their bikes.

HandWoundMan

James Loughead AKA James Hammarhead is a deadbeat - Took bike deposit and disappeared

James Loughead AKA James Hammarhead is a deadbeat. He took a deposit from me in June '12 for a bike to be delivered in September '12. In October '12 James kept making the excuse that he couldn't find a "donor bike." I said to James since you are having such a hard time locating a donor bike, please return my deposit and when you locate a donor bike I will wire you back the money. James said my suggestion made NO SENSE, seemed overly annoyed and that the check was in the mail. In November called back asked where my refund was and he once again said he would get the check out to me. By the end of November I had a local Philadelphia attorney speak to James and once again he promised to send my refund. By mid December I hired a Philadelphia attorney and he worked out a 6 month plan which had clear terms for James to return the deposit that he signed. Beginning February '13 I began receiving my monthly deposit refunds. Every single month James had to be reminded to send the money. If I had to take a wild guess James was taking deposits for bikes from other people and paying me back with those funds. Payments continued until June '13 and he stiffed me on the final $2,000 as he went into hiding.

Really what James did to me was criminal. It was only when he realized it was criminal that he started returning my money most likely at others expense.

My goal is to make sure that everyone hears my story and hope others step forward. James Loughead AKA James Hammarhead should not be trusted. Keeping all of the forums current with these stories I would hope prevent him from going back into business again.

zimm

Expedition Leader
James Loughead AKA James Hammarhead is a deadbeat. He took a deposit from me in June '12 for a bike to be delivered in September '12. In October '12 James kept making the excuse that he couldn't find a "donor bike." I said to James since you are having such a hard time locating a donor bike, please return my deposit and when you locate a donor bike I will wire you back the money. James said my suggestion made NO SENSE, seemed overly annoyed and that the check was in the mail. In November called back asked where my refund was and he once again said he would get the check out to me. By the end of November I had a local Philadelphia attorney speak to James and once again he promised to send my refund. By mid December I hired a Philadelphia attorney and he worked out a 6 month plan which had clear terms for James to return the deposit that he signed. Beginning February '13 I began receiving my monthly deposit refunds. Every single month James had to be reminded to send the money. If I had to take a wild guess James was taking deposits for bikes from other people and paying me back with those funds. Payments continued until June '13 and he stiffed me on the final $2,000 as he went into hiding.

Really what James did to me was criminal. It was only when he realized it was criminal that he started returning my money most likely at others expense.

My goal is to make sure that everyone hears my story and hope others step forward. James Loughead AKA James Hammarhead should not be trusted. Keeping all of the forums current with these stories I would hope prevent him from going back into business again.

you cant pay someone back by taking money off of others. if theres a judgement against him.... you may have to refund that money, and only get back an equal share with everyone else that got screwed... even if theres only a 10% chance im right,
you may want to delete this post, as you are admitting you are aware you received funds from him jabbing others. the mets never admitted knowledge and they had to spend $$ defending themselves. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/20/s...o-settle-madoff-suit.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0 by what you wrote, its not even willful blindness. you knew.

Last edited:

zimm

Expedition Leader
that was close. the jack pine almost had me, but she-zimm objected.

amazing how a nice website helps to suck you in.

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Maybe better luck getting a ride from our Indian cousins !

https://www.facebook.com/RajputanaCustoms#!/RajputanaCustoms

67634_10151644959739565_1053460127_n.jpg

fxk142

Observer
Looks like they were reported to the Better Business Bureau and now have an F rating. Craziness.

Farm Biker

My wife bought one of his custom bikes a few years ago and he did everything he said in their handshake agreement. He delivered the bike on schedule and went over all the details of how it works. He even came back and did the first tune up/service after she put some miles on it at no extra charge (August, 2012). She loves the bike. James was first class in our dealings with him from start to finish. I found him to be smart, articulate; passionate about the products and professional. I bought some parts for my own Triumph Scrambler off his website and they arrived well packed and again there were no issues. I had my bike in Philadelphia which is about 500 miles from home and he even offered his motorcycle shop if I needed to work on it since I didn't have tools. That pretty much sums up my experience with him at the time noted.

roark90

I've discovered at least 5 other instances where James Hammarhead stole money off of people who purchased the Daypack from their online store, mostly in 2013.
I was one who sunk about $250 into the bag online and received nothing in return.

I was dealing with a guy named Matt Trigaux who was the 'creative director' - http://www.trickgo.com/ - who told me there was some manufacturing issue on the bag and there'd be a delay. Conveniently, after a few months, Matt disappeared and a few months after that, so did the online store. These guys have no integrity.

I added to the BBB rating back in 2013.

Here's another thread on the topic. See the comments at the bottom.
http://theamericanclassic.org/2012/04/09/hammarhead-industries-day-pack/

Last edited:

mikelew65

Hammarhead: Not Simply Overpriced, Crappy Used Bikes...

I've discovered at least 5 other instances where James Hammarhead stole money off of people who purchased the Daypack from their online store, mostly in 2013.
I was one who sunk about $250 into the bag online and received nothing in return.

I was dealing with a guy named Matt Trigaux who was the 'creative director' - http://www.trickgo.com/ - who told me there was some manufacturing issue on the bag and there'd be a delay. Conveniently, after a few months, Matt disappeared and a few months after that, so did the online store. These guys have no integrity.

I added to the BBB rating back in 2013.

Here's another thread on the topic. See the comments at the bottom.
http://theamericanclassic.org/2012/04/09/hammarhead-industries-day-pack/

They also managed to find the time to make crappy gear too. Take for example the HH1 backpack. If anyone wants a great pack to use on a motorcycle, don't buy an HH1. Don't buy one at a discount. Don't accept one as a gift. As a pack, it looks OK and it's roomy. So if you are the type who wants to hand carry it to your job or if you are a hipster who needs something "cafe" for toting your laptop and mustache wax over to the craft nano brewery in Redhook, buy it. But as a motorcycle pack, it's borderline useless. I have one and put about 1000 miles on it in fall, winter and summer in Seattle. The problems? The useless extras material on the shoulder straps will beat you like an agitated dominatrix at any speed over 30 mph. (Why not make a place to tuck them?) The open pockets fill with water. The "parachute" hardware won't hold the straps threaded. Twice I had to get the unraveling seams restitched by an upholstery shop. (The person who did the work openly mocked the quality of the original HH1 stitching.) I cannot fathom that this reviewer -- http://theamericanclassic.org/2012/04/09/hammarhead-industries-day-pack/ -- actually used one before writing his puffery. It was such a ****ty pack for riding I put it away nearly two years ago. I recently ran across it in my basement and was so immediately irritated by its very existence I decided to post the review I forgot to write after buying one. Now I learn that the company was run by ****birds. Big surprise. A judge should make James Loughead wear at HH1 during a cross-country ride on one of his overpriced, high-mileage no-front-fender Jack****s. The beating he'd take would be partial recompense.

How unfortunate that Hammarhead turned out to be such a disappointment.

One of my favorite videos of all time is Peter Egan's narrative portion on "the way of the Desert Sled". I say his narrative portion because I found "James" to have come across as a big headed hipster buffoon.

I'm also in love with Bill Getty's 1956 T110 scrambler. Wish THAT bike was ridden in the action scenes.

Keep the Faith!
Throwbacks MC
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=159697770713381

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior