New to me Rig, '06 F350

98dango

Expedition Leader
No standard tool needed its all metric. I second the 4.56 or stock 4.30. I'm am going 4.88 because I have sme 39" irocks that need a home.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
The cheapest way to level it is to install a F250 factory rear lift block, it will bring the back end down to level with the front. You can still fit 35's this way. No real reason to keep lifting the truck even higher, they are tall enough as it is.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
mine has the 3.73 limited slip. I would like something in the 4.10 range, Id have to remember how to install a ring and pinion. Ive been a mechanic for european cars for years so this is a bit new. I have to dust off the standard size tools.

4.10 is what I have. It's great for 33's. Not enough for 35+. Don't waste your time/money. 4.56 is the best place to start if you're going to spend the serious $$$$ to regear. I'm a master tech. I won't regear my truck. I'll try to find someone that's done a dozen gear changes on Superduties instead. Minus well throw a Detroit locker in the rear at the same tome if you're regearing.
-
I wouldn't lower a 350 to 250 height. That's not going to clear 35's and still be able to flex over more than a mall curb. Even the 2008+'s, with their larger wheelwells need a F350 leveling kit for 35's. But a 285/75 r17 fits fine stock. IMO, a level F350 is the perfect height for expo camping. An F250 only has about 2.5" of front up travel before it starts to squeeze the foam/rubber bumpstops. A good F350 level kit and longer shocks doubles that.
-
The best level kits will include:
springs
adjustable trac bar
Bilstein 5100 shocks or better
Ford F350 rear blocks and u bolts (usually you source these yourself locally if you have a 250)
2 degree axle caster inserts to reset caster
(about $900)
-
This way you can still add a 0.5-1" spacer over your coil spring if you need to relevel after adding a winch. You can't stack spacers. And besides, the factory coils are a bit stiff.
If you really want to go plush, you can also choose a kit with softer rear springs and 2" or less blocks. Like the Carli starter kits. But that's serious $$$, and likely overkill.

Last edited:

Mrk1

Adventurer
The cheapest way to level it is to install a F250 factory rear lift block, it will bring the back end down to level with the front. You can still fit 35's this way. No real reason to keep lifting the truck even higher, they are tall enough as it is.

This is certainly something I am looking in to, is the dealer the only option to get the blocks? Im assuming they would be a pricey place to get the parts.

As of now I am leaning towards 33's on 17's

Mrk1

Adventurer
photo-2_zpsee58b395.jpg

First order of business, today I built a hitch mounted winch system to pull cars onto trailers. More of a work thing then for off road. I used a 3500lb Superwinch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94