DC Tacoma pic request

Wildcat

Adventurer
If you have a 1st gen dc taco, can i see what kind of storage you have under and behind the rear seat? Also interested in mods you have done to store stuff that still allow use of rear seat.

I have done some google image searching but all i get are stock photos of the rear bench.

Thanks

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
no storage under the rear seat on 1st gen DC - the back is OK - I have first aid kit in a soft tool bag, rain gear rolled up, safety triangle, small wool blanket, owners manual and Haynes book, and maps. The storage is not deep....

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
no storage under the rear seat on 1st gen DC - the back is OK - I have first aid kit in a soft tool bag, rain gear rolled up, safety triangle, small wool blanket, owners manual and Haynes book, and maps. The storage is not deep....

What he said pretty much for me too. Up until we had our kid, I used to just take the backseat out for our longer camping trips. It worked great for our cooler, food, and bags or whatever else we didn't want exposed to the elements. I shimmed it up level. I was going to cover it with speaker carpet but then along came the little one. End of that.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
seat.jpg

I think AustinTaco's build is the standard idea. I did find a picture behind my seat, I forgot the fire extinguisher, power inverter to my earlier list.

hth

Box Rocket

Tough to put much behind the rear seat. I have resorted to storage in the backs of the front seats for some items.

and the rest goes into a variety of boxes in the bed or on the tire carrier.

these waterproof surplus rocket boxes either go on my bedrack or in the bed. They carry tools/spare parts/recovery gear etc.

Wildcat

Adventurer
Box Rocket, your rig is slick! I hope i can find a tan taco. I love the color.

Thanks for the pics and info yall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior