Goal Zero Yeti 1250 on sale at REI

coax

Adventurer
I'm most definitly not an expert on these types of things, but sure seems like a lot of extra cost for the package/container this comes in? Guess it depends on the intended use, but a decent 3 stage charger, agm battery, and a nice inverter (either true or modified sine wave depending on intended use) could be had for ~half that price? It is a pretty slick little system though and if traveling a bunch with it would make it really easy to toss in the car. Well, as easy as tossing a 100lb box in the car is :) Thank for posting!

(just looked up the detailed specs, it does include a mppt charger so that makes it more worth it.

Last edited:

spikemd

Explorer
Already sold out. Curious as to the price though. I have seen the Yeti in person and it is big. 100lbs, but puts out a lot of juice. It may be possible to build a cheaper version but you will never produce a device with all the features and integration of the Yeti in the same size package.

I think it is too large for vehicle storage but would work great in a trailer. But if you have a trailer and the space, it would be cheaper to build your own system.

madmax718

Explorer
I have the build your own system, which is heavy on the goal zero- I didn't get the yeti because I don't like the fact that it doesn't use easily obtainable (nor scalable) storage technology.I do like their solar stuff though, especially daisy chaining, and more importantly, storage. So I got 2x 27 watt folding panels, and a guardian. The guardian has a max input and output of 90w (may be too small for some of you folks!), and is not a MPPT charger. How much difference? eh, 10-15% difference, at best in conversion. But I can hook up the guardian to a cigarette lighter, to charge off the car (at 30 watt), or to a wall (at 80 watts?). Its a very flexible system for me, depending on what my needs are, and is vehicle portable. Best part is, I am not tied to one battery, I can use any battery I wish. Agm, flooded, deep cycle, or even the starter battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz