Concession Window on a Toy Hauler

650nmWolf

Does anyone have any strong thoughts on this? I am placing an order in the next 24 hours for a custom 16' toy hauler trailer. I really wanted to go with a Seitz S4 Hinged window from Europe, but they are too difficult to acquire here in the US. My next thought was to go with a basic concession window like this:

CT_04.jpg

On the surface it looks like a good fit for me. I want a large window, that opens wide, with a screen. I can use it as a pass through from the interior of the camper/trailer to the outdoor/ under fabric awning living space. The rigid awning/door will protect the glass while traveling also.

The only drawbacks I see would be efficiency R values. I have a roof mounted AC and will supplement with additional heating in the winter. Closing the rigid awning/door and adding some curtains may actually negate any inefficiencies, but I dont know.

Am I missing any major disadvantages? Thanks for any thoughts!

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Do you see random people walking into your campsite looking to buy fried dough as a disadvantage?

650nmWolf

LOL. Thats true. Maybe I should post a sign outside that says "For Sale: Boston Sports Team paraphernalia." That should keep things pretty quiet. :ylsmoke:

Other than not looking like a serious "off roader," any other disadvantages?

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
can I have 12 donughts 3 capuchinos and a 99 cone please ?

really though why not make 1 large out of set of smaller standard ones

This is my toyhauler main window- all open half way- in the winter nights we line them with double bubble aluminum

310631_307147382647268_1444672214_n.jpg

loren85022

Explorer
16' is pretty mini hauler. They're cool for sure, but couldn't you do everything out the back? They do have cool pop out sleepers for them too.

orangeTJ

Explorer
My thoughts: the hard awning might interfere with the enclosed living space under the fabric awning... the hardcover pretty much goes out straight horizontal. A fabric awning usually will be angled down some to allow water runoff in the rain.

I recently upgraded the windows in my Arctic Fox truck camper with dual pane sliding windows from a place in Vancouver, WA: www.motionwindows.com
They custom build every window they make.
See the windows in the toy hauler above, how there's a very small portion that opens? It tilts out with a crank knob. I began to hate those in my truck camper. I also wanted double pane windows.

That windows that Motion Windows makes are sliders. The screen slides open as well. It makes an excellent "pass through" and you can get them in several shades of tints.

I think there's better options available instead of the big concession style window. I would think that the trailer manufacturer would have access to an RV Style sliding window from one of their suppliers.

I'D HIGHLY RECOMMEND a dual plane window.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz