6a00d83451b3c669e2019affa399a3970d-pi

6a00d83451b3c669e2019affa31bcd970c-pi

001-chevrolet-silverado-black-ops-concept-1.jpg

002-chevrolet-silverado-black-ops-concept-1.jpg

003-chevrolet-silverado-black-ops-concept-1.jpg

rkj__

Adventurer
Seriously though.

If GM simply offered a blacked out truck with a factory lift, they would sell a good handful of them.

Much like this one I saw at a local dealer with a ProComp lift.

null_zps32988b8a.jpg

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
Ummmm..... yuck. :rolleyes:

Okay, I do really dig the blacked out grille and bumpers! (but hate the plastic birdhouse of a winch mount) Also liking the lift and Nitto Trail Grapplers and even the fender flares! Take ALL the crap off of it, keep the blacked out look, lift, and tires- then find a home for the winch behind the bumper, paint the yellow parts of the wheels black, and put some rock sliders on it and I think it'd actually be a VERY nice truck!!!

I saw a lifted brand new GMC Sierra in person the other day, I gotta admit, these trucks look NICE with a lift and some mud tires on them! The lifted Sierra above my post in this thread would be very nice if it didn't have 20 something inch Rockstars on it! Some 17 inch not flashy looking wheels and mud tires would make a great change!

trailscape

Explorer
Whoever designed that probably has two dozen stick on chrome fender vents plastered all over their vehicle... Awful.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Why are the bed sides a foot thick? Did they turn the side of the bed into a water tank or something? That's a neat idea, unless it's just thick because it's for Beanie Baby storage. Headlights look decent. Theres some good ideas there. There's a lot of cheese there as well.
-
The reason GM/Ford doesn't offer lifted trucks, but dealers do, is the insane liability that goes with them. If I had a dollar for everytime someone said "This F350 seemed designed for a leveling kit and 33-35" tires"......... Dodge can take risks with the Powerwagon and Bighorn. They're allready bankrupt, so who cares!

rkj__

Adventurer
I saw a lifted brand new GMC Sierra in person the other day, I gotta admit, these trucks look NICE with a lift and some mud tires on them! The lifted Sierra above my post in this thread would be very nice if it didn't have 20 something inch Rockstars on it! Some 17 inch not flashy looking wheels and mud tires would make a great change!

Even just the Rough Country leveling kit, and some 33" AT or MT tires makes the truck look pretty great.

I could say the same about almost every truck. 2-4" lift, and 1-2" taller than stock tires makes any pickup look better IMO.

I also dislike 20" wheels.

The reason GM/Ford doesn't offer lifted trucks, but dealers do, is the insane liability that goes with them. If I had a dollar for everytime someone said "This F350 seemed designed for a leveling kit and 33-35" tires"......... Dodge can take risks with the Powerwagon and Bighorn. They're allready bankrupt, so who cares!

I'd think you would be able to lift the GM an inch or three without running into serious stability concerns. The F150 sits higher than the GM.

Last edited:

LakeLBJ

Observer
Ugh. Longtime Chevy and GMC owner but wish they would just design something like the Raptor. Give us real useable suspension travel and bigger wheel well openings, not a lift kit and 20"s.

Ford continues to dominate with real, useable off-road trucks. Chevy's new 2014 Z71 sits lower than a new 2WD F150.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94