MTN Bike set-up for Hunting

Two-Wheeled Explorer

Proceeding on...
Of course, as the folks at Cogburn know, I have a Cogburn CB4 too. I think my previous post was from while I was still riding a Pugsley. I love my CB4! It is versatile, stable and just plain FUN! Like being a kid on my first bike again. I have said many times, if the Cogburn had come out before I bought my custom Volcanic, I would never ordered a new MTB. Try it at a Cogburn dealer near you!

BTW, the rack on my bike is a new Blackburn Outpost expedition grade rear. I have two Outpost fork cages that will go on in the spring. Right now the bike is set up for trail and event patrol. (Picture taken at the Fat Bike Birkie post race social ride, Seeley, WI.)

FBB20152.jpg

Ride safe,
Hans

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Check out Xtra cycle they might have an interesting idea that would work for this. I typically see them in Urban use situations like hauling two kids around with assorted kid crap strapped to the bike but the longer wheelbase length and added cargo hauling ability could be interesting as a hunting platform. Easier than dealing with a trailer. I hate trailers they'er a drag. My family Mule is an old GT MT bike steel frame that packs about 40lbs of kid on the back and probably close to the same on the panniers on the front rack its balanced and rides really well only if I have decen't weight up front no gear up front it gets hard to ride with the kid on the back too heavy. Braking has been fine but I did need to move to wider tires from the skinny commuter bike tires I had on it those struggled stopping the weight but a medium width tire has proven to be pretty good on the pavement. Dirt? Those fat tire bikes look interesting for the hauling effort no really they do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier