Pics of rig packed up ready to go?

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
Here are some pics of the roof stuff all packed.

DSC09658.JPG

DSC09642.JPG

DSC09644.JPG

infra

n00b
Here are some pics of the roof stuff all packed.

DSC09644.JPG

What solar panels are those? Where did you get them from? How many watts? What exactly do you use them for? I haven't read up much on solar panels or know anything about them, but need to get a set for my fridge for when the truck sits a few days at a time

Crom

Expo this, expo that, exp
What solar panels are those? Where did you get them from? How many watts? What exactly do you use them for? I haven't read up much on solar panels or know anything about them, but need to get a set for my fridge for when the truck sits a few days at a time

I recommend reading, a lot, in this section of the forum: Power Systems: 12v, Solar, Gen. I wrote a little bit in this post here. Lots of good info there.

Sardog1

Observer
Three weeks on the Continental Divide Trail

image.jpg

Long weekend on the TWAT (Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail).

image.jpg

goofiefoot

Adventurer
After our trip to New Mexico and Colorado, I finally have come to fully appreciate the usefulness of the Tuffy Security Deck in my JK. With everything shown in the photo, I was still able to see out the rear window.

I added 4 tie-down points on the deck lid, and covered the top and side pouches with vinyl mats. There's a lot hidden in the photo, so here's a quick list of what fit behind the rear seat:

2014-06-28092325.jpg

Under floor storage bin
Tool kit - wrenches, sockets, tape, zip ties, JB Weld, hack saw, hammer, etc

Bottom level
Ice chest
Foot locker with camping supplies (stove, dry food, propane, tablewear)
Propane lantern
Canteens
Sleeping bag

Upper Lid
Folding table
Footlocker with clothes
3 folding chairs
Sleeping bag
Air mattress
Blankets

Tuffy Deck Side Pockets
2 qts oil, brake fluid, PS fluid
Bungees
Jumper cables
Rope

Other mentionables
Hi-Lift attached to upper roll bar
Umbrella and axe attached to pet barrier
4-piece fly rod bungeed to the left roll bar

Of course, we had a few items in the back seat and floorboard next to my daughter's car seat, but all-in-all, I was very pleased with the amount of stuff that fit well into the JK.

andrewh

/dev/4wd
Recent trip to moab, fridge was the last to load.

Lots of things packed in the nooks and crannies. Fire extinguisher, full belts and hoses behind the seats between the drawers and the backs of the seats, medical kit.

Behind the ark pack and the tool box is a 100 watt solar panel.

10369225_10152892822163636_4098567572917492510_n.jpg

Top of the truck was tent, awning and gas

10355677_10152938261168636_6844518952652507792_o.jpg

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Here's a few shots of the set-up I had in my P38. The dog guard and flat surface allowed for a good bit of gear to be stored back there including a couple of tupperware boxes full of clothes. I'm still using the fridge slide and boxes but they are strapped to tiedowns on a board attached to the tiedown points in the back of the LR3. It's getting loaded shortly for a trip so I'll update with a few photos after it's set to go.
DSC00445.JPGDSC00446.JPGDSC00447.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz