144763668.jpg

146508721.jpg

Sleeping bed in 2 door Wrangler

148093702.jpg

148096277.jpg

150151355.jpg

4xdog

Explorer
My 2001 Tacoma DC in September 2014 at Capitol Reef. I love the Mountain Top cover (a checkerplate aluminum tonneau by a Danish company). The combination of the lockable cover and the Pop-n-Lock tailgate latch makes storage inconspicuous and secure.

i-gGZfnF5-L.jpg

Here's the truck with Lucas the Border Collie at Bryce Canyon on the same trip:
i-jMRWZnn-L.jpg

ExploringNH

Explorer
4 Day trip through Maine. Only stopped for fuel. Everything else needed was in the truck. A lot of people fight for space. My biggest hurdle is finding where I put things. The Excursion is HUGE. Recovery gear, cooking equipment, and camp chairs are under the bed. Non-refrigerated food is on the passenger floor. Other than that, a packed fridge, some firewood, and a backpack full of clothes is all that is necessary.

DRAM001.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

DRAM002.jpg

BCobe

Adventurer
Here's all my stuff loaded for two people in my 2 door JK. I have a smaller tent now so the green duffle bag is no longer there. I have a Gobi rack now too so the sleeping bags can go in a Hardigg case on the roof. Also, my fridge is now on a slide. Sorry I don't have any photos of that.

Any details on that net? Guessing dirty dog?

aukaiiki

Big Bird Ready to Travel

Here is Big Bird my 07 filled to the gills for the 4 of us going on a 3 day camping trip to the Washington coast. And yes the SkyBox is full!!!

IMG_9655.jpg
IMG_9657.jpg
IMG_9661 - Version 2.jpg

Mele Kalikimaka from the Hawai'ian PACNORWEST,

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Not the hard core off road rig. This is our two adults two kids going camping for a week set up. The trailer is maybe 1000lbs in this format.

42inch X 42inch cheap Target roof bag on the trailer makes for a fast set up unstrap the bag drag it off the trailer. The green tarp has three bundles of fire wood wrapped in it, wife calls it the body bag. Had the dog gone with us we would have a Thule roof box on the car so the dog could ride in the back.

Block ICE in a cooler is our Fridge solution works great for a few days.

SF to Avenue of the Giants via Mendocino for 3 days then up to the big trees and home single tank of gas we had a tank average of 23mpg and saw a range from 21-26mpg. Car hardly notices the trailer. Recent upgrade small box getting mounted to the front of the trailer, and looking to pick up some water containers that don't split open.
trippic.jpg

Last edited:

OldGreen

Here is mine. Packed for 5 days. There are storage racks under the rack that the cooler is on for chairs and the tent. Duffle and sleeping bags go inside. I am changing it up a little this year....

20141006_114538.jpg

edlaffoon

Adventure Every Day
Here is ours packed for a two night trip for four people.

A week long trip would look the same just that the fridge and pantry would be full.

We use a hitch hauler for fire wood.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz