RMP&O's v8 80-series

Summit Cruisers Jr

Wow. Sorry to hear that it rolled but glad everyone was ok. This thing is going to be sick when it's done. I love that you're putting a 60 body on it.

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Been working on a work truck a lot. We are calling it "**************' crummy". It is a 94 3/4ton Chevy work truck. It had a TBI 350 with a bad knock. So we put the vortec out of the Cruiser into it. Converted the vortec from an auto to an NV4500 5spd. Just about done with it, new 2-tone paint, new Monstaliner, new exhaust and much more. Utility bed came off it and got sand blasted. Painted the wheels with Rust Bullet, painted plastic trim to look new and much more. Best part is, it runs like a bat out of hell, hence the name **************' crummy! :)

Been working on selling my 68 Patrol with lot's of extras. That will fund my 6.2L and 6L80 trans and AA adapter to mate a Cruiser split case to it all.

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Well, I bought a 100!! Or should I say am buying one. Flying out to PDX Wednesday morning to pick it up. It is a 2000 with 122k on it. Lived all it's life in Santa Monica and Culver City before being sold at auction and ending up in PDX. For the first decade of it's life every single oil change was done at the Toyota dealership where it was originally purchased. Needless to say, it has a squeaky clean carfax! From the pics I have it also looks to be in stellar condition. I looked for a 100 for about a month, found some good ones but most were higher mile than I was after. That or they had lived out east before coming west. I did find a couple others that were always west coast Cruisers and had under 100k on them but the price tag was $15k+ which is more than I wanted to spend. Needless to say I am spending a lot less than $15k+. I am buying the 100 for a DD, grocery getter and for some road trips, down to Baja and local camping here in Wyoming. No big plans for it at this time, it will likely get bumpers and a lift but not much else and that may be awhile. Time will tell....

As far as the 60/80 build. It is still on! In fact I have got the 62 in my shop now, even went as far as to polish it up one night while drinking some beers and it polished up real nice. The 80 chassis is stripped and ready to go. I would like to chop the frame and build body mounts sooner rather than later so I can mount up the 62 body on the 80 chassis. That saves me space and consolidates junk/projects. Might be a few months before I get around to that though, got to focus on some Patrol projects for the next few months. My guess though is 2-3 weeks of working on it and I can have the 62 body sitting on the 80 chassis. I plan to chop the frame (and shorten it 5") at the rear lower control arm mount which means cutting off the RLCA mount. I have some 2" 7075 solid aluminum links that are super gnarly. Pretty sure I will end up using these for new RLCAs and some RuffStuff mounts I have laying around to finish it off.

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
100-jpg.1160194

Just did 1500 miles in that. Never thought I would own a 100 series but it is a sweet rig and will serve me well. Got between 17.3mpg and 14.3mpg depending on speed. Awesome how the truck feels the same at 80mph as it does at 50mph. I even slept in the Cruiser one night in the last week.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior