RMP&O's v8 80-series

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Busy Busy

Sounds like you are getting close to being done?

Are you still planning on leaving on the 15th?

Ya real close. Bumper is all done and mounted up. I painted it and plastidipped the jerry can holder.

Finish the camping platform, change some oils, fab bracket for ARB awning and mount it up and a bunch of wiring. That is it and I am ready to go!

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Almost done!

Put a 17hr day in yesterday, got 4hrs sleep and have one more shift in the shop (I hope) and I am done. All I have left is all the wiring, change some fluids, fab bracket for ARB awning and mount it up. Camping platform is done and mounted up in the truck for good. Happy with how it turned out. Had some dramas with vendor products that I am not happy about and cost me a lot of time. Not going to get into it here or now but I really wish vendors would put a bit more care and thought into their products. Sure would make things easier, especially when a guy is on short time to get a build done.

Got my high lift mounted up inside the platform in the back of the truck, just how I like it. Made a simple bracket to mount it inside the chest, worked great. Got USB and cig lighter ports at the back of the truck. Also got a switch for my camp/work light. Mounted a few things in the battery box and am prepp'ed for wiring. Got my license plate mounted up to the rear bumper. Also got a cheapo cheesy license light mounted up, just got to wire that. Any ways, I will try and post some pics before I leave.

Now if this wiring will go smoothly I will be stoked!

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Kurt just left you guys a message please call me!

I fabed my own mounting brackets, mounting to Thule bars.

Started working on the truck yesterday at noon, still working on it!! At the alignment shop right now. First drive in weeks. Drives very nice, stoked!! Got 3-5hrs to finish it up.

Cheers

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
So I nailed it spot on for the cut & turn. Alignment specs are caster @ 4* one side and 3.7* the other. Camber is spot on too. Trucks drives like a dream now, very happy I did the c&t and very happy with the results. Steering is super nice too.

I am supposed to be leaving real soon but have tons to do so best get to it and log off.

Cheers

java

Expedition Leader
So I nailed it spot on for the cut & turn. Alignment specs are caster @ 4* one side and 3.7* the other. Camber is spot on too. Trucks drives like a dream now, very happy I did the c&t and very happy with the results. Steering is super nice too.

I am supposed to be leaving real soon but have tons to do so best get to it and log off.

Cheers

Sweet! Im in desperate need of some castor....

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters

Cheers

Right on, those are great specs. Your parts are sitting in the bed of the FJ45!

krazytoy

Adventurer
I split up with Ian last week in Bahia de Conception, trip went great and they are still down there for a few more weeks. We got the springs changed out Saturday morning without issues, thanks Kurt!
IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2936.jpg

cruiseroutfit

I split up with Ian last week in Bahia de Conception, trip went great and they are still down there for a few more weeks. We got the springs changed out Saturday morning without issues, thanks Kurt!

Right on, looks like the swap had a neat story itself :cool:

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Kurt, Bryce & CO crew thanks so much! Without the new coils I would have been screwed. My old coils seemed fine until loaded and then it was obvious they were worn out.

I am still looking to bring the rear up about 1" but for now the new 863s work.

Got back into the USA yesterday, cut the trip a bit short for a bunch of reasons. In SoCal now thinking of heading to KoH before heading back to the cold north.

Cheers

cruiseroutfit

Kurt, Bryce & CO crew thanks so much! Without the new coils I would have been screwed. My old coils seemed fine until loaded and then it was obvious they were worn out.

I am still looking to bring the rear up about 1" but for now the new 863s work.

Got back into the USA yesterday, cut the trip a bit short for a bunch of reasons. In SoCal now thinking of heading to KoH before heading back to the cold north.

Cheers

864's would give you a boost in the rear but with added spring rate (so stiffer), might be good or bad? But if you like the ride/flex, the 2863J's are the same spring rate as the 2863, just 1" taller. However since you have new 863's, toss a 1" space in the rear and you're golden?

Welcome home!

RMP&O

Expedition Leader
Rear is a bit soft Kurt, I put the Slee 1" spacer in you guys provided. I thought the 863j's were the stiffest/most lift but if there is a better spring for me I am all ears.

I weighed the truck on the way to Baja, loaded but not full up on food, water or the 10 gallons of jerry cans full plus no passenger. I think I was around 6300lbs. Got the scale ticket in the truck somewhere, I think. Full up my guess is close to 7klbs. What do you suggest?

When I installed the 12" Fox I had 5.5" of up travel but that was before the overland build. New 863's + 1" spacers put me at about 2.5-3" up which I don't like. Want to get back to about 5-6" up.

Btw the front end is dialed super hard and I love it! Just need to drop the sway bar a bit is all. Today I was doing 80mph with one finger on the wheel. Truck tracks and drives perfect. Very very happy with the front end.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles