Full Size Dodge Thread

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
DSCN0298.jpg

Awesome picture! Polebridge has the best little bakery I've ever been to.

Kilroy

Adventurer
Are you happy with the 6.4 (I assume) for pulling trailer? Looking for new truck, but less payload and no diesel in PW are a concern.

I just picked up this past Tuesday a 2015 Power Wagon Laramie. This is going to be my base for my next expo rig.

She's not just our expo rig though, she does full time duty pulling our Airstream across America.

12501886_1663175280613604_974996182_n.jpg

OffGridCamper

Observer
Where did you get that winch mount? I'm looking to fab my own since the Warn hidden mounts are so expensive, but I've also been looking at outside the bumper, just don't want a full bumper.

mikekey

Deplorable
Are you happy with the 6.4 (I assume) for pulling trailer? Looking for new truck, but less payload and no diesel in PW are a concern.

Beyond happy. Payload is a non-concern, I worry about axle and tire ratings and not overloading those.

Diesel is better if you want the power I suppose for pulling. I went with the Power Wagon becuase when we are not towing we like to do this:

We are full-time travelers, so I tow regularly and the performance is more than adquete for us. Our Airstream across the scales is 6890lbs with a 960lb tongue weight.

PhilipE

Observer
Its my DD. When I first got it I was needing a bigger truck for stuff I was doing. I hate running out of truck when I have something to move. :coffeedrink: So I stepped into one ton duallys 30 years ago. I have had this one sence 98. Three years ago I started a rebuild of the body due to the mid west rust problems.

I have retired now. The wife clocks out this winter. I am going to be setting it up with a RTT and another tool box across the bed for camping items. Then head out west to see some sites next summer.

I'll be starting on that tool box in a few weeks. I have a trip out to Iowa for a 1st gen truck meet the second weekend of June. Then its tool box time. The tool box will be like the upper box it already has. That box is 13" tall and 10" wide. The boonie box will be 26" wide and 20" tall. Bed width is 91"

I'll also be adding a water tank under the back of the bed. I can fit a 20 gallon tank into where the spare tire should be. I don't need a spare tire. I have two on the ground allready. :jump:

LIVEanimals

Observer
Where did you get that winch mount? I'm looking to fab my own since the Warn hidden mounts are so expensive, but I've also been looking at outside the bumper, just don't want a full bumper.

It's a drawtite front receiver for a 4th gen (fits perfect on a 3rd gen) and a custom winch mount.

1990 W-150

Heres mine getting its camo pattern outlined.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,099

Forum statistics

Threads