Full Size Dodge Thread

D

Deleted member 12023

Can I come to the Party? There's some ************ trucks on here for sure!

United-States094.jpg

DSC_3079.jpg

DSC_2764.jpg

DSC_34891.jpg

United-States087.jpg

Awesome rig ToolBoxGuy! Love the utility platform with the pop-up. If someone is concerned about weight I'll bet they make an aluminum version. And 12valve...pick up the speed and I'd be glad to waterski behind you. Hit it! :sombrero:

D

Deleted member 12023

12v, you rocking a stock intake, that water crossing looks like it involved a lot of pucker

The intake is a K&N tube with an amsoil dry filter. It sits a little higher than stock but there was some definite pucker factor going on!

Awesome rig ToolBoxGuy! Love the utility platform with the pop-up. If someone is concerned about weight I'll bet they make an aluminum version. And 12valve...pick up the speed and I'd be glad to waterski behind you. Hit it! :sombrero:

Haha! It wasn't supposed to be that deep. We walked/drove it the day before but it rose over a foot overnight! Lesson learned right there. Always walk it each time or be soaking wet for weeks

bob4x4

death Valley 2013 013.jpg94cedar.jpgLots of nice Doges here.I recognize a few from some diesel forums.I have a couple CTD;s myself that get some off road play time

ToolBox Guy

Adventurer
What kind of tent is that toolboxguy?

Rick

It is a Double Tent Cot. I have it mounted like that and it will securely fold shut and is usable. But I will be trading the tent to a friend, they build up way too much condensation for me. It is RTT for me now.

Cool! He’s a fun guy. I so badly want to take a closer look at those front hubs on his truck. Scratch that, I want his truck. LOL

The hubs are awesome, I just can't justify the price.

A lot :ylsmoke:

X2. If this truck was used for anything more than mild dirt roads, pavement, and hunting, I would ditch the bed.

In fact I can live with the bed, it is the amount of crap that you pack into that really adds the extra weight.

Tommy R

Geaux Tigers!
Hey y'all,

Figured I'd share my truck. It's hardly "expedition worthy" at this point. Truth be told, I need to find more land in Texas to explore before I go in too deep with it. For now, it serves as tow rig for my Jeep, part-time daily driver, and hopefully it'll be an expedition rig and portable hotel for offroading trips when I'm towing the Jeep to various offroad parks.

Details are:
2001 Dodge 2500 4x4
  • Cummins diesel
  • Bought in '08 with 149k on it. Now has 208k.
  • Built automatic with torque converter lockup switch (use it ALL the time)
  • 3.55s with LSD rear (plan on keeping it that way until the terrain convinces me otherwise) :)
  • Programmer (Edge), 4" exhaust w/muffler, Airdog 150 fuel pump, BHAF for a bit more power
  • Steering box stabilizer bracket
  • 2010 Dodge steering tie rod and drag link w/Bilstein stabilizer
  • 2.5" spacer up front
  • 285/75-16 Toyo ATs on stock wheels
  • Uniden CB w/36" Firestick

Here's a few pics...
20130413_153731-L.jpg

20130413_163131-L.jpg

On my way to Moab!
IMG_0018-L.jpg
I

We made it! ;)
IMG_0086-L.jpg

I'll work on some interior shots, but there's really not much to see, although it's in pretty darned good shape. I really do love this truck. The fuel mileage is pretty impressive. Typically, I get 15 mpg around town without trying to optimize my mileage, though I don't drive like an idiot, either.....usually! Highway is usually 18-19. I've gotten as high as 22 once or twice, but that was cruising at just 65 mph. I can't do that very often! :ylsmoke: Towing the Jeep, it's usually 11-13 mpg. Although we had a tailwind coming back from Moab and got nearly 17 mpg on one tank. LOL!

Eventual plans are some 35" tires, longer front control arms with Johnny Joints (similar to what I built for my Jeep), some lighting, rear view camera, and eventually I'd like a tighter converter for the trans. The single billet unit I have is too loose. :( I may also build some real rock sliders to replace those awful nerf bars. FYI, I added the nerf bars 'cause friends (ok, girls mostly) always complained about climbing into it! HA!

I haul stuff in the bed for other projects (building a '30 Ford hot rod) so I'm not ready to put a camper in the bed. But it'd be nice to have some sort of rig for a tent to mount above the bed. Maybe one of those rooftop tents that I could mount on a platform over the bed? I'd build it so it's all removable when not in use so I can have full use of the bed.

Anyway, that's what I've got for now. Progress will be extremely slow until/unless I can come up with some areas in Texas that are open to legal exploration. Wish we had some BLM land down here. :(

Thanks,
Tommy

eatboulders

12valve, I stumbled upon your blog 8 months ago looking for 12v rigs people were overlanding out of. Then I found this site. Good to see more pics from the road south again.

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
tommy,
we have trod many of the same trails here. Mine is an '01. I do remember when it looked as good as yours. But that was then and this is now. In 2001 when we were young:

33x15.50R16's on 12" wide wheels, aka Redneck dualies:

snow can get pretty deep here. This was the winter of 2011/12 on the west slope. I wonder what the snow load max is on a Lance wooden frame camper?

chris_the_wrench

Fixer & Builder of Things
2006 2500 4x4 reg cab.

Thuren springs
Currently Bilstein 5160. Thuren Kings on order!!!!
Carli trackbar
08.5 steering w/ carli lowmount dampener
Kore bumps
BD steering brace
Homemade extended swaybar links

Firestone bags
On board arb comprssor
Hellwig fat rear swaybar

Toyo 608 265/70r19.5

Motor stock except aftermarket drop in air and fuel filters.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384442547.618925.jpg

87GMCJimmy

Adventurer
Here's mine stretching its legs a little bit this past weekend (Carli 3" lift, 37" MTRKs):
photo-47_zpsa6e9659d.jpg
photo-4_zps7aa27f83.jpg
A little while later in the weekend, this became my truck's good side as I slid on the trail and crunched the the driver's side of my bed into a tree, DOH!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior