Full Size Dodge Thread

CatButt

Observer
Thought I would throw my hat in the ring.

Old Dodge and the one that got me hooked on Dodge and Cummins...

Was a great truck and would haul the mail (and just about everything else) but it was WAY too nice to take to the Dez. Soooooo...

I bought Blackie...

Just took her to Overland Expo to get some ideas...first roadtrip and she did great. She is gonna be my Overlander...24 valve Cummins, manual 6 speed. Doing all the mechanical stuff now (mostly front end bits), already put a lift pump, Edge CTS with display, my custom intake/filter I put on all my diesels, big exhaust (turned down right in front of the axle), Redhead steering box with BD brace, etc. Next up is a slight lift, maybe regear, then start with the racks, RTT, bumpers, etc. I am hoping to build a roof rack that allows me to still haul dirt bikes in the bed with a roll up cover for the overland trips...but might just end up with a Thule adjustable bed rack...who knows.

Normaso

We were just past there last week. Did a night at San Luis reservoir, then down to Pismo via Salinas and then to Ventura for a few days. Love that part of the country!

Yea that area is really nice. We're more like the desert out here.

Normaso

Was a great truck and would haul the mail (and just about everything else) but it was WAY too nice to take to the Dez. Soooooo...

I bought Blackie...

Just took her to Overland Expo to get some ideas...first roadtrip and she did great. She is gonna be my Overlander...24 valve Cummins, manual 6 speed. Doing all the mechanical stuff now (mostly front end bits), already put a lift pump, Edge CTS with display, my custom intake/filter I put on all my diesels, big exhaust (turned down right in front of the axle), Redhead steering box with BD brace, etc. Next up is a slight lift, maybe regear, then start with the racks, RTT, bumpers, etc. I am hoping to build a roof rack that allows me to still haul dirt bikes in the bed with a roll up cover for the overland trips...but might just end up with a Thule adjustable bed rack...who knows.

Good looking rigs Cat. Blackie sounds like a beast is in the making.

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
The Dodge in the newest form:

5oCEOzOl.jpg

eINeD5Yl.jpg

purdytj

seeker
didn't see this thread before!

I've posted on other threads on this site, but haven't seen this one before! Oops... There are some nice rigs on here.

Here is a shot of my truck. This photo also happened to make it on the back cover of the Turbo Diesel Register 2014 calendar (www.tdr1.com). Check out my website for mods (mostly cosmetic, cooling-related, and gauges).

Does anyone know of a legit snorkel for 2nd gen Rams? I'm having some trouble locating... I like the look of the Airflow snorkels for the 3rd gens (http://airflowamerica.com/?page_id=425).

I'm also on www.WanderTheWest.com, The Turbo Diesel Register (www.tdr1.com), www.CumminsForum.com, and www.NorthwestOverland.com. I'm probably here and on NorthwestOverland most often. When I have a problem with my truck, www.tdr1.com is awesome.

1378075166.jpg

TRACTION

Adventurer
I've posted on other threads on this site, but haven't seen this one before! Oops... There are some nice rigs on here.

Here is a shot of my truck. This photo also happened to make it on the back cover of the Turbo Diesel Register 2014 calendar (www.tdr1.com). Check out my website for mods (mostly cosmetic, cooling-related, and gauges).

Does anyone know of a legit snorkel for 2nd gen Rams? I'm having some trouble locating... I like the look of the Airflow snorkels for the 3rd gens (http://airflowamerica.com/?page_id=425).

I'm also on www.WanderTheWest.com, The Turbo Diesel Register (www.tdr1.com), www.CumminsForum.com, and www.NorthwestOverland.com. I'm probably here and on NorthwestOverland most often. When I have a problem with my truck, www.tdr1.com is awesome.

1378075166.jpg

Sorry no help on the snorkel but noticed you're in Tacoma so figured I'd say hello. I'm in Lakewood and run a 3rd gen Ram for my explorations. I'm interested in Airstreams as well!

purdytj

seeker
Sorry no help on the snorkel but noticed you're in Tacoma so figured I'd say hello. I'm in Lakewood and run a 3rd gen Ram for my explorations. I'm interested in Airstreams as well!

Thanks for the shout out! My buddy who got me in to Dodge / Cummins lives in Lakewood near Dower Elementary. He has an '06 Megacab with an upgraded automatic from Goerend, MagHytec trans pan and rear diff cover, a chip, Reunel bumpers, etc. He is more of an off-shore fisherman, but we still encourage each other to spend money on our trucks. :smiley_drive:

My Airstream is a never-ending project! I think it will be my 'classic car' - something to always tinker with that is never finished. We are taking it to serve as 'basecamp' at the WA Overland Rallies and Worskhops this summer - have you been before? http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/123768-The-Official-2014-NW-Overland-Rally-Thread Sounds like it will be awesome. It will be our first.

TRACTION

Adventurer
Thanks for the shout out! My buddy who got me in to Dodge / Cummins lives in Lakewood near Dower Elementary. He has an '06 Megacab with an upgraded automatic from Goerend, MagHytec trans pan and rear diff cover, a chip, Reunel bumpers, etc. He is more of an off-shore fisherman, but we still encourage each other to spend money on our trucks. :smiley_drive:

My Airstream is a never-ending project! I think it will be my 'classic car' - something to always tinker with that is never finished. We are taking it to serve as 'basecamp' at the WA Overland Rallies and Worskhops this summer - have you been before? http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/123768-The-Official-2014-NW-Overland-Rally-Thread Sounds like it will be awesome. It will be our first.

Nope, haven't been to the WA Rally but did the Overland Expo in AZ in 2011. It was great but ultimately I liked the trip down and back better since we explored Death Valley and such along the way. I'm thinking of attending the Rally, just not sure on the timing yet.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
imagejpg1_zps99d0ec6e.jpg

Dodges and Airstreams (Argosy in this case) in the NW... Must be something in the rainwater...

TRACTION

Adventurer
Dodges and Airstreams (Argosy in this case) in the NW... Must be something in the rainwater...

Nice! Considering the Argosy option as well. Love the two tone look you've got there.

Will be up in your neighborhood (Whistler) at the end of August. Always try to get away for a day of exploring while I'm there.

How do you like the Redhead steering box? I also have the BD brace but the I think a new box is in order.

I bought Blackie...

TRACTION

Adventurer
On a similar note... for 3rd gen Dodges check out the Mopar 6 bolt steering box. Explored the Redhead option (they're local) and though the feedback I got was fairly good it's still a smaller box that's rebuilt to tighter tolerances. As such I ended up going with the larger Mopar option and so far so good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles