Full Size Dodge Thread

kamicrazy99

This is my 04 1500, 6" on 37s and a bunch of other fun stuff.

But it's been demoted to "bush truck" ever since we got this pig for traveling:

2014 Ram 2500 on 2.5" Thuren level springs and 37s, with a topper for sleeping in. We've got 45,00km on it in 10 months, including running the entire WABDR (pic below) and across Canada back to my hometown in Northern Ontario.

bdj238

843817dfa58a145d5214a969c93d06f0.jpg

Getting new tires, new rear leaf spring pack, and shocks this week. Hopefully she will handle a little better all that weight. Plan to do a Hellwig sway bar at some point but I'm about to drive south from AK and shipping to here was more than the part...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdk

3fea88bc1f8dad8e24e1cf514a30e6ee.jpg

Here's my new to me 2012 Powerwagon. Picked it up about a month ago with 32k miles on it. It's almost completely stock but I plan on slowly building it up. In my opinion the Powerwagon is best combination of family vehicle\ tow vehicle\ mild off-roader. I plan to be gentle on it until it's paid off, but for now it's primary purpose is a tow vehicle for my real offroad toys

59f8cc3b33005fd86167b5f78533d38f.jpg

853043e20d5272365786f4d5a02be23e.jpg

954274b8036d072ac1add5a68afe30dd.jpg

gunpainter

Observer
truck1.jpg

Put about 7500 miles on the truck this summer between 2 adventures. This pic was taken near the blankenship bridge near Glacier National Park. The best summer i've ever had with my kids, and I can't wait to do it again.

Branden

STREGA

Explorer
image.jpg

image.jpg

My new project, 2016 Ram 3500 HD 4x4 reg cab/chassis SRW, Tradesman package with chrome grill/bumper/wheel upgrade (that I could of done without), 6.4L Hemi with 6 speed Aisin tranny and manual shift transfer case, 4.44 axle ratio.

The plan is to make it into a heavy duty Power Wagon with a aluminum flatbed with a FWC Hawk popup and various storage boxes between the cab and camper and under the bed. I would of loved to have gotten a PW but the payload and towing capacity of a PW is woefully inadequate for my needs. I needed to be able to tow 12K+ Which is 2K more than PW is rated at, this truck can tow over 17K due in part to the Aisin tranny. Payload is almost 4k vs the PW's 1.5K rating. Max GCWR is 24K.

Wirebrush

Observer
View attachment 364643

View attachment 364644

My new project, 2016 Ram 3500 HD 4x4 reg cab/chassis SRW, Tradesman package with chrome grill/bumper/wheel upgrade (that I could of done without), 6.4L Hemi with 6 speed Aisin tranny and manual shift transfer case, 4.44 axle ratio.

The plan is to make it into a heavy duty Power Wagon with a aluminum flatbed with a FWC Hawk popup and various storage boxes between the cab and camper and under the bed. I would of loved to have gotten a PW but the payload and towing capacity of a PW is woefully inadequate for my needs. I needed to be able to tow 12K+ Which is 2K more than PW is rated at, this truck can tow over 17K due in part to the Aisin tranny. Payload is almost 4k vs the PW's 1.5K rating. Max GCWR is 24K.
I've found that Husky 37" tool totes from Home Depot make perfect storage boxes. They fit very nicely in the Ram box bed and they are sealed and lockable. Four of them should fit pretty snugly in a 6'4" bed. They are priced very reasonably too. I keep my camping gear in a couple and use the bed divider to keep them from sliding forward, but I'must thinking about getting a couple more to just fill the bed.

Atl-atl

Adventurer
View attachment 364643

COOOOOL! Please start a build thread. Reg cab Dodge love!!!

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Good idea to build it to meet your specific needs, but it won't be a PW when done. The PW's towing and payload specs are a result of the design factors that try to optimize flex and articulation, and partially to keep weight down. A PW will go places yours won't and yours will haul stuff that a PW shouldn't. These are great trucks no matter how they are set up.

Mine got new ball joints a couple weeks ago. I went with DynaTrac. It also got a new, lighter water tank and a reinforced rack system.

STREGA

Explorer
COOOOOL! Please start a build thread. Reg cab Dodge love!!!

REG CABS ROCK!

Lots of good reasons to go with a reg cab: cost, overall truck length, didn't need the 2nd row of seats and they look COOOOOL!

Will do a build thread but for now I have nuttin to post up yet. The 1st mod I need to get done is to install a classV trailer hitch. Then get the aluminum flatbed built/installed and storage boxes custom made to fit between the cab and FWC Hawk popup. Also need to come up with a solution for the spare tire mount since it won't fit under the bed. Hopefully the flatbed will be installed next month, it's a rough ride without no weight in the back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles