Full Size Dodge Thread

DT75FLH

Adventurer
Whats the length of the LED bar?

Dual row? How many lumen?

Rigid 30" bar on a randy ellis design light bar

dual row combo spot/flood pull 11 amps and 165 watts. 13,800 lumens. It is very bright when your out in the boonies

Attachments

• mohave trail 9-8-14 004.jpg
    mohave trail 9-8-14 004.jpg
    444.1 KB · Views: 92

D45

Explorer
Thanks for the info........I am in the market for a 30"-36" dual row LED bar

I want to mount it on the center of the bumper, between the upright tube and infront of the winch cover access plate

IMG_20140403_170826_006-1_zpsiwd2bkkg.jpg

PowerWagner

Explorer
Thanks for the info........I am in the market for a 30"-36" dual row LED bar

I want to mount it on the center of the bumper, between the upright tube and infront of the winch cover access plate

IMG_20140403_170826_006-1_zpsiwd2bkkg.jpg

How much does that bumper weigh? I like.

D45

Explorer
It is very heavy, but WELL built

The frame brackets are stupid thick and the tow hook brackets are large and bulky

With the bumper, the upright bar, and the winch it is easily 400 pounds

Darwin

Explorer
Here is my 95 2nd gen CTD.
430188_677306485734_570191117_n.jpg

228109_593791570294_7630754_n.jpg

Here is my new 1997 2nd gen CTD. 5 speed with BD exhaust brake.
1234610_970297843704_7896256585869493211_n.jpg

Since this pictured I have added, Thuren 2 inch springs, Fox 2.0 shocks, DOR steering brace, Track bar, 99HD steering, Borgeson steering gearbox shaft, powersteering pump, lines, removed the chrome. Going to do 99 sport headlight conversion next, 20 inch light bar on the bumper, and Bigfoot, Northern light, or Northstar slide in camper. Undecided about what wheels I want to run,definitely need suggestions on that part!

D45

Explorer
The hook isn't bad...........with the 7/16" synthetic rope, I needed a hook that was over rated

Most hooks have too small of an opening are not rated for enough WLL

Additionally, good hooks can be $200

I found this hook on Ebay for $35 shipped........Gunnebo quality, with a large mouth opening, and rated for 22k WLL

Finding a quality, affordable hook with a half link is not easy......I wanted to adjustability of the half link

Cyclone.1983

Observer
question for you guys. Ive owned several jeeps in my short lifetime and currently am in a 2013 ram 4 dr 1500 with the new v6. I am looking to get back into doing simple trails in moab/colorado ect to get to remote dispersed camping spots (not rock crawling). I thought about getting back into a jeep or a 4runner but love my truck to much. Is the major downsize of using a pickup just come down to overall size and not being able to go on switchbacks like white rim? I usually have 2 kayaks with me and have a rack for the bed that has rtt attached. I can go 600 miles between fuel ups and the on road manners are awesome. Should I just stick a small lift on and call it good?

Timgco

Adventurer
rig2.jpg Just starting a new build. 2014 Laramie Power Wagon. 35" Toyo MT's. I just changed out wheels (not shown) to make a little more room. The 35's on the stock wheels were hitting a bolt on the radius arm at full lock. The new wheels (5" bs/ +1 offset) did the trick.

STREGA

Explorer
question for you guys. Ive owned several jeeps in my short lifetime and currently am in a 2013 ram 4 dr 1500 with the new v6. I am looking to get back into doing simple trails in moab/colorado ect to get to remote dispersed camping spots (not rock crawling). I thought about getting back into a jeep or a 4runner but love my truck to much. Is the major downsize of using a pickup just come down to overall size and not being able to go on switchbacks like white rim? I usually have 2 kayaks with me and have a rack for the bed that has rtt attached. I can go 600 miles between fuel ups and the on road manners are awesome. Should I just stick a small lift on and call it good?

Doing the WRT in your truck would not be a problem, the switchbacks on Black Bear Pass could be.

STREGA

Explorer
View attachment 245815 Just starting a new build. 2014 Laramie Power Wagon. 35" Toyo MT's. I just changed out wheels (not shown) to make a little more room. The 35's on the stock wheels were hitting a bolt on the radius arm at full lock. The new wheels (5" bs/ +1 offset) did the trick.

Good looking PW, I like how the Laramies are not all stickered up.

MoparBob

Observer
View attachment 245815 Just starting a new build. 2014 Laramie Power Wagon. 35" Toyo MT's. I just changed out wheels (not shown) to make a little more room. The 35's on the stock wheels were hitting a bolt on the radius arm at full lock. The new wheels (5" bs/ +1 offset) did the trick.

Nice!!! What are you planning on doing with the OEM Wheels? I am in the market for some 17" or 18" wheels for my truck.

DTX

I don't think there are any downsides to a well equipped Dodge Ram Overlander.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles