Rock Lights

ZG

Busy Fly Fishing
Who's running them, and what are you running? Pros, cons, suggestions? I was in the woods on a couple of absurd trails until 3.30am the other night recovering a vehicle, I "needed" these. I am looking for LED, and want to wire a switch to my dash, no remote.

Thanks!

Bretthn

Explorer
This is only 4 pods. 2 per side. I have a total of 24 to use.

I am going to look like a spaceship on the trail once the rest are wired in. I will probably wait until I get my sliders on though for placement.

barlowrs

Explorer
^ Those are what I used as well...$20 bucks for all of them. Waterproof, and bright. I think i wired up a total of 8 and am VERY happy with them. threw a few more under the hood for engine bay lighting, and still have extras left over.

SGTCap

Adventurer
^ Those are what I used as well...$20 bucks for all of them. Waterproof, and bright. I think i wired up a total of 8 and am VERY happy with them. threw a few more under the hood for engine bay lighting, and still have extras left over.

Where can they be purchased?

LR Max

Local Oaf
We used to use cheapo walmart specials. But those LED lights look better as they are smaller. Rock lights would always get crushed/knocked off but those look good.

Make sure to aim these forward!!

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I had made my own from some LED's off of Oznium.com but needed a couple more to fill in the blank spots. I found these, and am VERY impressed.

http://www.prime4x4.com/shop/Off-Road-Lighting/p/RoXstar-LED-Rock-Lights-sku-RSRL001.htm

rocklight_quarter_2_1024x.jpg

rsrl8kit_1024x.jpg

8 LED kit $139.00. I picked up just the 4 LED pods for $46 bucks. Good instructions, can wire in a run so only 1 power/ground, and they are VERY well made. I love the mounting options too. Highly recommend them, service was stellar!

Wh1t3nukle

I gotz dis
Similar quad pod as above but got mine from here: http://www.horsepowerjuice.com/led-lights.html

I capped off 1 side of leads. Other side I used standard connections and heat shrink. This allows them to be removable from physical damage and not involve others. I run a single hot line the entire frame including a ground. A simple clamp splice is used to tie into those runs. All in conduit. This makes them all independent.

IMG_20130324_134354_735_zps3c789d31.jpg

photobucket-7854-1357957237878.jpg

Pic18_zpsdb6962fa.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior