2014 EXPO CALENDAR SUBMISSION TIME

SilverBullet

Explorer
ATTENTION ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS; NOVICE, AMATEUR, AND PROFESSIONAL!
It's that time again...

The last 3 years I have had the opportunity to put together some great calendars from your photos and make them available to the entire site of Expedition Portal. This year, we are doing it again.

The 2014 Expeditions Portal Calendar will be available as soon as we get photos and vote on our top 13 pictures. I plan to release it in early to mid December.

Here are the rules to submit a photo:

PICTURE SUBMISSION RULES
  • Submit your pictures to arizonaletendre@gmail.com
  • Each email submission MUST contain: Forum Username, your full name, address (including street address, city, state, and zip), and a "by line" (so I can get a hold of you if necessary and get prizes to you if I get them again),
  • Photo caption must be included if known. (Year, Make, Model, Location). Ex.: "1995 Toyota 4Runner, Moab, UT. --or-- 1998 Toyota 4Runner, Nevada. This will be used on the photo, so limit to as few words as possible, if any part is omitted, I may not have time to follow up.
  • 2 Pictures per person/member, so choose your favorite two and send those.
  • Landscape-oriented pictures or square images only. No portrait oriented pictures. Aspect ration should be kept as close to 4:3 as possible, I will not be cropping again this year, that was better last year I think.
  • Pictures need to be of high resolution and file size (no thumbnails, average images are greater than 1 MB files, no 300 KB images will work). Many email applications try to re-size images before sending, please make sure this has not happened. I may email you if a higher resolution is needed.
  • Pictures can come from members of this forum or any other forum/site as long as there is no copyright infringement. Please do NOT include a watermark on the photo. I will be including a "by line" in the photo but want all the logos/names scaled similar, not one on the entire photo and one in the corner. (Hope this makes sense)
  • All submissions are released for reprint for the Expedition Portal 2014 calendar only and owner agrees to that use. Caption may be edited for length as necessary. Pictures will not be used for other publications or publicity without the original photographers consent and member names will not be printed on the photos.

HOW THE CALENDAR WILL BE MADE
  • IMAGES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 15, 2013 AT 5:00PM ARIZONA TIME.
  • All images that meet the image criteria above will be setup on an online survey for voting in November.
  • The top 12 images voted for will be selected to go in the calendar in no particular order.
  • A second survey question will allow all users to select the best picture for the calendar cover. This image may be included in the calendar, or could be a different image all together.
  • Pictures will be scaled to fit the page with black space surrounding the remaining area. No cropping will be done.
  • I will again be using Cafe Press since I have not been happy with other vendors results, so expect more information on when and where to buy as soon as the voting is completed.

PRIZES
  • As of today, 10/2/2014, there are not prizes, awards, or gifts. Your pride will be boosted and you will get the privledge of being in this year's calendar.
  • I will be trying to get prizes again, but no promises.

The classic vehicles (Unimog, Land Rover, Land Cruiser, etc) are of course expected but unusual expedition platforms and everyday expedition rigs are also welcomed and encouraged!

Have fun and let's get those pictures in, timelines are short this year, so start combing your shots from past trips.

NOTE: When you submit, please post here a letting me know so I know how many to watch for. I try to respond to everyone that their images were received and up to par, but can get busy. Also, please have patience with me, I have 3 kids and am on the school board and have other obligations too. The calendar is a huge time eater, but I love doing it, so just bear with me if I don't respond right away. Email is the best way to reach me, or post here, I have reminders turned on.

PLEASE SHARE THIS POST AND CROSS POST AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. Again, its all about time and I am limited. If I missed something, please ask.

SilverBullet

Explorer
2 photos received and replied via email!

Okay, that was the always nervous first submission, now everyone else can send theirs too!

SilverBullet

Explorer
Every email that I have received has been replied to and saved. If you did not get a reply, let me know. Thanks everyone so far! Keep them coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles