goofiefoot's 2009 JKUR

goofiefoot

Adventurer
I found some well-reviewed LED fog lights and reverse lights on Amazon, and installed them last night. I couldn't bring myself to pay JW Speaker prices again, so I took a chance on another set that were similar. The photo shows a much bluer tinge to the fogs I didn't see in person, but they look great and the light output is incredible!

2016-03-15%2022.48.33.jpg

goofiefoot

Adventurer
Which fogs did you get? I just put new LED headlights in, now looking for reasonably priced fogs. Thanks

Sorry for the delay. Here are the fogs and reverse lights I purchased. I'm really pleased with each!

Fogs

Reverse Bulbs

I went ahead and trimmed my fenders, and I'm fairly pleased with the results. I finished them out with some black rubber door trim, which looks great, but I'm having trouble with the adhesive on parts of them. If I can't resolve it, I'll pull the trim back off, and take a little more time with sanding and finishing the edge.

2016-03-26%2016.40.27.jpg

2016-03-26%2016.41.02.jpg

goofiefoot

Adventurer
I really like the way you trimmed the front. Do you notice any flutter at highway speeds? It just seems like a lot of air would get under them.

They do flutter, but it's not too bad. I got up to 75 the other day (not an easy feat), and while there was quite a bit of movement, I wasn't concerned about damage. If it gets worrisome, I think I can find a way to adhere them to the support structure to make it all more rigid.

goofiefoot

Adventurer
We vacationed in Ouray, CO earlier this month, and stayed 6 nights at the Ouray KOA. We loved the facility and had a great time.

2016-06-04%2009.31.10.jpg

2016-06-05%2015.15.13.jpg

Pulling the pop-up with the Jeep for ±1000 miles each way was interesting. Lot's of downshifting, and frequent fuel stops, but it did ok.

2016-06-05%2017.49.29.jpg

The Ouray KOA was an awesome campground. We called a few months in advance to book our reservation, and the owner walked us through which sites may work best for us. This proved invaluable, as I feel we had one of the better sites there (site 6). None of them looked bad, though.

2016-06-06%2010.29.53.jpg

2016-06-06%2011.04.36.jpg

2016-06-07%2013.01.55.jpg

2016-06-07%2013.57.56.jpg

2016-06-09%2009.39.16.jpg

2016-06-09%2012.40.09.jpg

2016-06-09%2012.42.21.jpg

As expected, the views and weather were awesome. We had never been up there this early in the season, so we were met with more trail closures and rougher areas than we'd previously encountered. All in all, it was a great trip with the family.

goofiefoot

Adventurer
Also, a quick update on the JW Speaker headlights:

We drove straight through (20 hours) coming back home, which gave us many, many miles of night driving. The new headlights performed spectacularly! Nice, crisp, even light, and plenty of coverage with both low and high beams. I did have several drivers flash at me, but I attributed that to the rear of the Jeep squatting with the trailer. A quick flash back seemed to educate appropriately. ;)

ivers

Observer
Also, a quick update on the JW Speaker headlights:

We drove straight through (20 hours) coming back home, which gave us many, many miles of night driving. The new headlights performed spectacularly! Nice, crisp, even light, and plenty of coverage with both low and high beams. I did have several drivers flash at me, but I attributed that to the rear of the Jeep squatting with the trailer. A quick flash back seemed to educate appropriately. ;)

Exactly , those light change everything on the jeep!

XJINTX

Explorer
Oh sure go to Ouray and nary an invite ;) I am sure you had a blast. Were you on the trails with one vehicle?

goofiefoot

Adventurer
Oh sure go to Ouray and nary an invite ;) I am sure you had a blast. Were you on the trails with one vehicle?

Roger, I know we need to get a trip together again soon. Been waaaay too long.

Yep, just we just went with the one. We met several other Jeepers along the way (funny enough, a few of them were from the Austin area).

XJINTX

Explorer
2 July headed to Dakota's and then Yellowstone... ROAD TRIP ;) Seriously would love to have you come but I know you just got back. Let's try and plan something closer when we get back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94