Pop Top Camper Trailers?

ToyCarrier

Observer
Are there any pop top style camper trailers available in the US market? Australia has a bunch but I haven't had much luck finding any here in the USA. Looking for something compact but it still needs to have a shower/ toilet combo. Really trying to find something that you can sleep in on the road without having to lift the top as well.

Some of these tear drops would be perfect if they had a liftable top and were maybe 2-3 feet long to accomodate a small bathroom.
Thanks guys!
Jeff

Yellowkayak

Adventurer
There are a bunch of them here in the US...try Coleman, Jayco, and Fleetood ...just google popup campers...you'll see. We have a 2007 Fleetwood Niagra, two king beds, one slide out diner and ours does have the shower, toilet stall, everything one would LIKE to have in the outdoors. Solar and a generator and a high capacity battery to boot, and 6 inches of lift by placing the axle UNDER the axles instead of on top. We love it.

ToyCarrier

Observer
Thanks Yellowkayak,

I'm not looking for the standard "pop up" camper but a "pop top." Maybe i'm calling them the wrong thing. I've also heard them called hybrids. They are basically hard sided campers with the ability for the top to raise up in order to stand in them but otherwise still accessible. They are not a popular style of camper here in the USA but I figured there might still be a few manufacturers making them. This style makes a lot of sense, really not sure why they aren't more popular. I guess people just want to go big here!

Here's an example of what i'm trying to describe:

caravan_australian_off_road_campers_eclipse.jpg

ToyCarrier

Observer
Yea Art, they make some awesome stuff! I've seen a pic of the Alpine in another thread but it's not completed yet. It looks like the 12 ft setup would probably be perfect.

ToyCarrier

Observer
Haven't gotten anything new about the Alpine yet from VMI. Been about a month since I emailed them. They sure have a cool product!

biskit

Adventurer
I think the Kavango is fantastic and the other trailers.:drool: Have you seen RLDs build on a Sankey chassis, looks like the type of trailer you want, hope you find your ideal.:088:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94