99 Suburban Slow Build

jimed43

Adventurer
It is 4x4. Just has the buttons on the dash. It is over at my mechanics. If he gives me the thumbs up it will be mine tomorrow.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

cowboy63645

Adventurer
It is a decent price for the mileage and options. You will like it for the activities mentioned. Plenty of room for everyone and everything needed.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Chili

Explorer
It is 4x4. Just has the buttons on the dash. It is over at my mechanics. If he gives me the thumbs up it will be mine tomorrow.

Thanks

Ah cool, missed it in the ad. Love it in that case! Small lift, some larger offroad tires, remove the running boards, and it's close to perfect!

jimed43

Adventurer
So what exactly would be a small lift?

Where can I find info like large tire size stock?

Any immediate mods?

Any idea on how to get a line in for my phone?

Thanks

cowboy63645

Adventurer
You could go with a leveling kit, such as the one Rough Country offers. You would be able to run a 285/75/16 tire on your stock wheels as well. Makes for added ground clearance and not a lot out of pocket cost. I would also look into having the computer tuned by someone such as black bear tuning. Just my .02 of course.

cowboy63645

Adventurer
I had the computer tuned on my trucks with nothing more than a drop in filter (K&N) and a replacement muffler and I see an average of 2mpg increase in town and highway with larger tires, a small lift and factory 3.42 gears.

Chili

Explorer
So what exactly would be a small lift?

Where can I find info like large tire size stock?

Any immediate mods?

Any idea on how to get a line in for my phone?

Thanks

What do you mean by "line in for your phone"? Like for hands-free? If so an aftermarket stereo with bluetooth is your best bet.

You could go with a leveling kit, such as the one Rough Country offers. You would be able to run a 285/75/16 tire on your stock wheels as well. Makes for added ground clearance and not a lot out of pocket cost. I would also look into having the computer tuned by someone such as black bear tuning. Just my .02 of course.

Pretty much what I meant by a small lift. Anything less than about 4" anyhow, but that's just my personal taste. And I agree on the tires, something around a 33" diameter equivalent.

Have my computer tuned? With all the stock parts? Will that make any difference?

Thanks

I have no personal experience or second hand knowledge about the 5.7, but have been told that even a "canned" tune from a chip or handheld tuner is worth the money on the 5.3 at least.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yep, a tuner or programmer is well worth the money. lots of power left on the table with even the stock gear on it. I have a 5.3 and im getting a tuner first thing.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
look for full size chev's suspension writeup. some F150 front keys and some spacers in the rear should get a nice lift and clearance for 285's...perfect for overland work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online