Rescue Runner build

the kid

Juke Box Hero
got my 1st gen roll bar mod underway... got a basket made to fit about half way up in it for storage, its removable too. needs a couple little tweeks and then it will be perfect and i can paint the bar to match the basket -i painted the basket today cause i was bored and wanted to do something.
10543607_10152806785168735_9220270816773245422_n.jpg
and there you can see my light bar and sheet of steel ill use to make my brackets. hopefully that will be done here in the next week or two.

i also reinstalled my rear sway bar with brand new 2nd gen end links and new bushings and hangers... will get to see how i rides tomorrow on the way to work.

the kid

Juke Box Hero
bought a set of LR UCAs today, need to get them on and a alignment done, so i can save the MTRs. right now i have visual positive camber, and thats not good. im also pretty sure that the current UBJs are the original ones so they have almost 300k on them and the boots are tottaly shot and there is basically no grease left in them. they needed to be changed out.

soonenough

Explorer
I can't say specifically for the 4Runner, but on my Tacoma the LR UCAs made a huge​ difference in ride quality. I installed mine when I had about 132k on my truck, so I'm assuming it was due to a combination of replacing worn UCA bushings, replacing worn UBJs, and finally getting the caster corrected.

the kid

Juke Box Hero
Got these in the mail yesterday. WooHoo can't wait to get them on

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414245252993.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414245252993.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 33

the kid

Juke Box Hero
Just installed a set of light racing upper control arms on the front. Tomorrow it goes in for an alignment!

the kid

Juke Box Hero
so i have been fighting a no start issue for a while now... swapped fuel pumps and thought i had it figured out, then it came back, found out i had a bad EFI relay. well so i swapped back to the original pump(had a high flow aftermarket supra pump in it) and all of the sudden im dead again, but this time im only getting 9v at the pump. i have 9.xx v at the pump plug under the rear seat, not 12 like it should. the circuit opening relay is brand new, along with the EFI and tail like relay(swapped tail like relay and COR just to make sure its not the relay[same relays]), and this did not make any difference. truck drove fine on my way to work. when i stopped for coffee it would not start again. it momentarily acted like it wanted to start but died abruptly before fully firing up, and that was that. cracked the fuel line under the hood and no fuel flow, then checked the tank pug under the rear seat and am getting only 9v when the key is turned... (its cranking hard and battery has standing 12.7v)

i did not have time to trace this any further back, as it was pouring rain out and i was already late for work, my secondary ride showed up to get me and thats as far as i got. does anyone have some suggestions on why i keep getting this. since swapping the stock fuel pump back in my labored starting has returned, or at least it was much more apparent this morning. not sure if it is because of the wet weather or not. not sure if this is a ground issue...

i came back after work for about 5 min to see if it would start, and still nothing... i wasnt gonna make my buddy wait all evening for me to fiddle with things so again thats where it stayed.

i did drive through a rather large puddle that was across the road just as i was turning into my stop for coffee. im not sure if this has anything to do with it or not

so any sugestions?

sandracer33

I would check the connectors between the relay & the pump. Look for corrosion, contamination in any connectors. Look hard at pin fit too. You have a pretty big voltage drop across your supply circuit. I'm not real familiar with the fuel pump circuit, so I don't know how many junctions there are, but it sounds like a loose / bad connection could be your culprite. Another thing you might check is your grounds.

the kid

Juke Box Hero
I would check the connectors between the relay & the pump. Look for corrosion, contamination in any connectors. Look hard at pin fit too. You have a pretty big voltage drop across your supply circuit. I'm not real familiar with the fuel pump circuit, so I don't know how many junctions there are, but it sounds like a loose / bad connection could be your culprite. Another thing you might check is your grounds.
To my knowledge there is no connector between the circuit opening relay and the pump plug where I am testing at. Looking deeper into this issue I think my voltage drop is OK, the starter pulls a lot of power so yeah. -I hooked it to my buddies cummins via cables and let it help. I still dropped to 10-11v consistently. - the 9v I was seeing was after about 5-10min of hard cranking on it trying to get it to start... So I had worn down my battery a little...

sandracer33

The only other thing I can think of is that the Supra pump took a dump. I had a very similar problem on a Subaru that we put a new pump in & it came back in two weeks with no fuel pressure. Checked the whole system, swapped relays, ecu etc before we realized the pump wouldn't even run with a 12 volt jumped directly to the pump. Try jumping directly to the pump & see if the pump runs. I saw your post over on T4R right after I started on this one,

the kid

Juke Box Hero
The only other thing I can think of is that the Supra pump took a dump. I had a very similar problem on a Subaru that we put a new pump in & it came back in two weeks with no fuel pressure. Checked the whole system, swapped relays, ecu etc before we realized the pump wouldn't even run with a 12 volt jumped directly to the pump. Try jumping directly to the pump & see if the pump runs. I saw your post over on T4R right after I started on this one,
Yeah, the supra pump works just fine, actually too well, it runs my tank dry fast! So I swapped back to the original stock pump I took out. That's the one that I think is dead now. It did this to me right after I swapped it in, no fuel, so I was gonna put the supra pump back in and then it just manically worked for me so I left it be. Im guessing the pump is the culprit after all my diagnosis and elimination

the kid

Juke Box Hero
138a2b94b9474dc382f4366ccd4071a9.jpg

Just bought a new rig... Took out to mt hood to see how it does in the snow. Very impressed, and I'm gonna love this thing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier