69 Roltite Rebuild

Steeze

Observer
Probably redundant but here's the wall with the base caulked and painted and 99% done. Cabinet knobs are drying and they'll go on tomorrow. Next is finishing up the kitchenette... i'm going with a river rock for the counter and backsplash. I need to find a faucet I like first...

Oh and I picked this mirror/candle holder up at an antique store.. I thought it would do well here in the trailer. A mirror is always nice to have I suppose and the candle will offer a bit of reading light.

getout

Adventurer
Did you use just the regular deck restore or did you get the vertical surface stuff? Did you use the 'restore' roller when you did it? The whole thing looks great. Nicely done.

Steeze

Observer
Did you use just the regular deck restore or did you get the vertical surface stuff? Did you use the 'restore' roller when you did it? The whole thing looks great. Nicely done.

Thanks

Yes I got the 4 gallon bucket of regular Restore... no vertical surface stuff.. and yes I used the Restore roller. I need one more gallon to finish it up.

thanks28

Nice man! Do both those rear doors open? Is there a rear hatch I saw the handle?

Are you going to lift any? Or just keep like a standard height teardrop?

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk HD

Steeze

Observer
Yes both access doors open.. that's where my water tank and batteries are.

No rear hatch... the grab bar is for getting on the roof...

It has been lifted... 3-4" already. It has more ground clearance than my Xterra.

thanks28

Yes both access doors open.. that's where my water tank and batteries are.

No rear hatch... the grab bar is for getting on the roof...

It has been lifted... 3-4" already. It has more ground clearance than my Xterra.

Nice. I think the tires threw me off on the height without the fenders.

How did you wire the camper? Fuse panel? I'm thinking of going with a solar kit I saw online.

Steeze

Observer
Nice. I think the tires threw me off on the height without the fenders.

How did you wire the camper? Fuse panel? I'm thinking of going with a solar kit I saw online.

I haven't done electrical yet but I know that I'm going with a solar panel kit and 2 deep cycle batteries. I'm going to put a receptacle in the backsplash and mount an inverter for everything else. For lighting I'm going with a battery operated lantern that will hang from the ceiling. That way I can take it outside if I need to. I'll also be utilizing some puck lighting. I'll also be installing a solar powered porch light for outside above the door.

My only real concerns for electrical is having power to charge my macbook, heater, and a coffee maker. The solar system I'm going with will easily handle that. The cooking and even heat can be propane also... there's a lot of options.

thanks28

I haven't done electrical yet but I know that I'm going with a solar panel kit and 2 deep cycle batteries. I'm going to put a receptacle in the backsplash and mount an inverter for everything else. For lighting I'm going with a battery operated lantern that will hang from the ceiling. That way I can take it outside if I need to. I'll also be utilizing some puck lighting. I'll also be installing a solar powered porch light for outside above the door.

My only real concerns for electrical is having power to charge my macbook, heater, and a coffee maker. The solar system I'm going with will easily handle that. The cooking and even heat can be propane also... there's a lot of options.

Yeah I saw a solar kit at harbor freight that looked pretty awesome. With a good inverter it would be the perfect setup plus it has lights with it already and will charge the battery.

http://harborfreight.com/solar-panel-kit-45-watt-68751.html

bigtrkltltrl

Observer
When you used the restore product how much did you use. I have 3 sheets of new plywood I need to coat, on both sides. Going off of the directions I would need almost 6 gallons does this seem right with what you did?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior