F-150 to carry a hardside camper

Darwin

Explorer
I don't understand the laws regarding your german license, but I highly doubt in the USA the police would ever say a word if you drove a one ton truck on the highways here. I would go for a larger truck if you can, especially since you are looking at putting a camper on the back.

Ben7982

Observer
Hello Darwin,

well, the german drivers license system is a pain after the last reform. Just to give you an idea. My drivers license has cost about 1500-2000$ and is limited to 7700lbs vehicles and about 1600lbs trailers. I also can drive 50ccm a moped with 40km/h max. thats it....
Furthermore the international drivers license I can get in Europe is not legaly accepted but tolerated in the U.S..

Buying a car in the U.S. is a very big efford and has enough risk for me. So I´m not willing to add driving without license on the risk side. Even no police men would probably care or even think about it.
The insurance does not care about it too much, but at the other hand was not giving me a written confirmation to insure a heavier truck on my name than I´m allowed to drive.

If you have any other expedition vehicle with less than 7700lbs GVWR in mind I´m open for it.

It should have 4x4 and a reasonable amount of luxury on board. It should defenitly be bigger than our VW T3 Syncro we are driving in Europe.

Cheers Ben

Ben7982

Observer
Hello Phydough,

thanks for that links. Seems the Germans are everywhere ;-)
It has some realy good infos in it and I didn´t knew of the f150online.com forum.

Does anybody know of a good tie down solution for the ExtraCab?

Have a nice day

Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier