M416 Trailer For Sale

Sapper6

FOR SALE: M416 Utility Trailer, Year unknown

Description: Former Army / Military M416 1/4 Ton Utility Trailer. Year is unknown as the tailgate with data plate is missing / removed. This is a PROJECT trailer for someone with fabrication and welding skills! The trailer is in poor shape. Would make a wonderful Expedition Trailer with some dedication to saving this trailer and using it as a base for whatever.

Price: $400

Known Problems: Rusty Bed, Rusty top rails, rusty frame, bent foreleg, missing military/original lights, missing rear bulkhead/tailgate, springs shot, tires cracking but hold air, no title (to be sold with bill-of-sale).

Attachments

• M416_2_FRCorner.jpg
    M416_2_FRCorner.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 473
  • M416_2_LSide.jpg
    M416_2_LSide.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 395
  • M416_2_RSide.jpg
    M416_2_RSide.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 382
  • M416_2_Rear.jpg
    M416_2_Rear.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 321

jage

Observer
looks like a decent starting point for reasonable money.

Which part would you save? I mean the tub is shot, the springs axle and wheels will probably be replaced for an AT, the foreleg being bent isn't a big deal because a wheel jack is better- there's no tailgate or lights, I mean- and I'm not trying to be snarky, you're basically left with a title-less frame. At least in my state by the time you fight the system about the missing title you would have been better off buying raw steel and paying to have a frame welded up.

Seriously, I'd drop $400 on this in a heartbeat if I needed a yard trailer, the price is good for a solid beater- but I can't understand why you would buy it as an AT base. Again, I'm not bashing the ad or questioning the price but I've put more than a few Jeep XJ and MJ floors in and I can't see what is worth having for an AT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94